Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rescued; Kees van der Westen, Mirage duette Veloce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescued; Kees van der Westen, Mirage duette Veloce.

I do have something to show you but i have to make five posts first, so you have to wait before i could show pictures :

Wat i like to show is my rescued Kees van der Westen Mirage Veloce

Re: Rescued; Kees van der Westen, Mirage duette Veloce.

Wow, thats a serious home machine!

Great score.

Comment

Rescued? :-?

More info and more pics please

Comment

These are the pictures how i found the fully working machine, as description on the Ebay auction did say.

six kilos of this stuff ans more what was cleaned with citronic acid !

The frame with chemicals cleaned and the paint removed,
        these frames are from RVS, glass pearl blown, and with Clear Powder coating as finish !!

My own coloring of the side panels, with a injection needle.

Comment

Wow, this is a great effort. Well done on the restoration efforts and taking photos. I love the sneaky pet shot at the bottom ;D

Comment

Great job on the restoration Adriaan. It looks as good as new.
            The two characters in the last photo are not the only ones impressed.

Comment

Sensational, what a beautiful machine.

Re cleaning -Do you fully immerse the parts in citric and how long for it to clean the parts? Does the acid attach the copper and joints much?

do you also use cirtric for the aluminium?

Comment

Yes, a thing of beauty rescued from a potentially fatal fate. great job and images, cheers

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 4151465757514642415A230 link=1325633628/6#6 date=1325713018
                  Sensational, what a beautiful machine.

Re cleaning -Do you fully immerse the parts in citric and how long for it to clean the parts?  Does the acid attach the copper and joints much?

do you also use cirtric for the aluminium?
                  The boiler was fully submersed for 14 days without any problems the The 2 HXs where full with calcium, there was non going true, first i drilled with a stone drill from one to the other end in both HX chambers so i could lead a perforated hose true both and also within the big Boiler a ring of the same perforated hose ( normally used for watering the garden plants ) on these hose i mounted an big air pump from my Koipond and air rated so the citric stuff for faster working and descaling, i did refresh the bath 6 times, the scaling was so heavy that the calcium did the citric minimizing the working thats why all this changing took place, 14 kilos of citric acid used in total :-/

The Citric acid did not much on the copper or welded joints, i cleansed all the copper parts after the cleaning with soda, for 24 hours with the same air method.

The aluminium parts where cleaned with copper polish, after the inlay painting i did buffing the aluminium to an nice shine, this was not yet done on the pictures, i wanted the paint to dry for at least an month.

I took over 200 pictures for the correct reconstruction, all gaskets and other rings are changed and the solenoids rebuild with new plungers, and more ++

Comment

Thats a beautiful job.
                    And its very humanitarian of you to perform such a rescue.

Greg

Comment

how did you have the patience to leave it soaking for 2 weeks! i would have gone nuts after a few days and put it back together :P

Comment

Wow....Thats the worst scale I have ever seen and its such a shame to see a beautiful machine treated so badly.

Congrats on a beautiful restoration @3aan. It will no doubt be the source of pride and great pleasure.

Top work!

Comment

Great restoration Adriaan, Im very impressed, right down to the last nut and bolt.
                          As an aside, I am working on a project now that has chromed name badges that required infilling with paint.
                          Can you give me an idea of how you used the syringes, what type of paint you used I.e. acrylic, enamel, auto or other, and how you cleaned up the edges etc.

Comment

If you could get your hands on good enamel paint in the right colors, its the best!

I did get my syringes and according needles from the drugstore, the tip of the needle must be grind flat, so you could not stick with the needlepoint every time in to your workpiece, the paint has to be of an good consistency = thick enough not to drip out the needle and thin enough to flow in to the object, this need to be sticky / tacking if this consistency is right then the edges of the paint will be crawling up the sides, when you sucks the paint in to the syringe take the needle off, be sure that the needle is good and secure on the syringe, with the distrubution off the paint comes an reasonable force !!

The syringes i used = 20ml gives enough grip
                            The  needles i used = 1.2 x 40 mm

Around a dollar an set

Be sure to putt the cap on after paint, so the paint will not dry out!

There is an special grounding possible for metals, i do not know what there is to buy on the other side of the world 

Its from the most importance that your working area is sturdy, clean, and of an good height so you can place your elbows besides the workpiece, any Trimble with your syringe an needle give an uneven effect.

I hope this give you some idea, " how dit the do it " 8-)

Comment

Alternatively you could use drawing up needles rather than giving needles, as they already have a blunt tip

Also, this is a fantastic restoration - I am extremely impressed!

Comment

Working...
                              X