Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Cimbali / Faema machine servicing in Brisbane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Cimbali / Faema machine servicing in Brisbane?

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get a Faema E98 (rebadged La Cimbali Junior) service/repair done in Brisbane?

thanks,
    Bill

Re: La Cimbali / Faema machine servicing in Brisbane?

Cant help you but if you send an email to all the sponsors at once (at the bottom of the list of sponsors on the left), the ones who can help will respond.

What needs doing? If you are a bit of a tinkerer, you should be able to do a service yourself, they are quite simple to work on.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 785356563A0 link=1326078729/0#0 date=1326078729
      Can anyone recommend anywhere to get a Faema E98 (rebadged La Cimbali Junior) service/repair done in Brisbane?

thanks,
      Bill
      Ring Chris at Barazi
      If he cant service it in Barazis workshop, he may be able to recommend a service person

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 07232A2A29291307233F21234C0 link=1326078729/2#2 date=1326090931
        Originally posted by 785356563A0 link=1326078729/0#0 date=1326078729

thanks,
        Bill
        Ring Chris at Barazi
        If he cant service it in Barazis workshop, he may be able to recommend a service person

KK

Thanks KK. I thought they only did Bezzera machines.

Comment

Originally posted by 5142445D515E300 link=1326078729/1#1 date=1326087632
          What needs doing?  If you are a bit of a tinkerer, you should be able to do a service yourself, they are quite simple to work on.
          Boiler level gauge isnt reading correctly. It has a manual boiler fill, and Ive sometimes run the boiler level too low (as the gauge says its full when its not) and tripped the temp cutout. I think its probably just a bit of scale blocking it, but Ive done a few descales and hasnt really fixed it. Might need to remove the gauge to give it a through descaling. Not sure how difficult that is to do, having never done it before.

Comment

The gauge not working sounds like scale buildup blocking the holes. Did you follow the HX descaling guide on this site (ie fully fill boiler etc).

I have done a fair bit of stripping/cleaning on mine, its all fairly straight forward if you have tinkered with machines before. Heaps of info on here and the web on how to do it.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 74676178747B150 link=1326078729/5#5 date=1326097262
              Did you follow the HX descaling guide on this site (ie fully fill boiler etc)
              Yep, that looks pretty much like what I did. Maybe I should give it another go with a stronger solution of descaler.

Comment

yeah, might be lots of scale. From what I understand the normal cafetto restore descaler is not as powerful as cafetto vanish descaler, so I would give it another go or 2.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 293A3C252926480 link=1326078729/7#7 date=1326114632
                  yeah, might be lots of scale.  From what I understand the normal cafetto restore descaler is not as powerful as cafetto vanish descaler, so I would give it another go or 2.

Cheers

There shouldnt be much scale in the boiler. Ive been using fairly soft water, and a water softener cartridge, and have done a few recent descalings. Maybe a bit of scale got in to the pipe leading to the gauge and its a difficult spot for the descaler to get in to. Ill try and get some Cafetto Vanish or Clean Machine Triple Action Commercial grade descaler and let it soak for a fair while. Any idea which would be better to use?

Comment

Sorry not sure. But I understand that the potent stuff (vanish) can attack seals if left for too long, and needs thorough flushing. Hence why its only meant for "technician" use only. You should be fine if you follow the instructions.

Or the other way is to take off the level gauge and see if there is anything blocking it.

Cheers

Comment

Ok, thanks. Ill see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                      X