klub t2 boiler gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klub t2 boiler gasket

Hi i have a Klub T2 espresso machine that has blown a gasket on the boiler just wondering if anyone knows where i could get one as im having trouble finding one.

Cheers

Re: klub t2 boiler gasket

which gasket are you needing? from memory the only gasket on the boiler is the element gasket?

Comment

Originally posted by 40575919535151585B5A53340 link=1326769252/1#1 date=1326772116
      from memory the only gasket on the boiler is the element gasket?
      Correct.

The material these gaskets is made of is prone to breaking down and going crumbly. You cant get them anywhere I am aware of, one fix is to reuse the existing gasket but with a good dose of high-temp silicone sealant smeared all over to seal up the cracks and splits. Failing that, you need to get some generic rubber gasket material and cut your own to match the original gaskets shape. Ive used both methods successfully - usually the thing that kills a Klub boiler though is that the welds split, and once that happens its basically a write-off. Klubs are reasonably reliable until the boiler fails, but once you have to seriously dismantle them for repair you find all the metal fittings are made of inferior materials and are very prone to cracking and splitting pipes. The other thing that kills a Klub is CPU failure caused by a leaking element gasket feeding excess heat and steam into the CPU case. Most Klub CPU cases will look half-melted due to overheating, which eventually kills the board.

Comment

True Morgan, the last Klub gasket I did was a rubber gasket and was only needing a tighten, I would get a tech to check the boiler and gaskets, these boilers on earlier machines are prone to leaking and gasket issues

Comment

Originally posted by 63747A3A7072727B787970170 link=1326769252/3#3 date=1326799814
          these boilers on earlier machines are prone to leaking and gasket issues
          Very much so - I repaired a machine last year that had cracked welds on the boiler (the neck the element mounts into had split halfway round the weld attaching it to the boiler body). Had to replace the boiler - fortunately we happened to have a brand new boiler in the workshop. But within a few months the machine had to be scrapped - the brand new boiler started leaking from half a dozen spots around the weld holding the end plate onto the boiler.

Klubs were only meant to be a $2000 coffee machine, built to last a few years and be basically a throwaway item when major things started to go wrong. Unfortunately the importer decided to sell them for a similar price to real commercial machines and pocket the difference, so owners cant afford to scrap them when things go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 193B2633353A1300540 link=1326769252/2#2 date=1326795877
            Originally posted by 40575919535151585B5A53340 link=1326769252/1#1 date=1326772116
            from memory the only gasket on the boiler is the element gasket?
            Correct.

The material these gaskets is made of is prone to breaking down and going crumbly. You cant get them anywhere I am aware of, one fix is to reuse the existing gasket but with a good dose of high-temp silicone sealant smeared all over to seal up the cracks and splits. Failing that, you need to get some generic rubber gasket material and cut your own to match the original gaskets shape. Ive used both methods successfully - usually the thing that kills a Klub boiler though is that the welds split, and once that happens its basically a write-off. Klubs are reasonably reliable until the boiler fails, but once you have to seriously dismantle them for repair you find all the metal fittings are made of inferior materials and are very prone to cracking and splitting pipes. The other thing that kills a Klub is CPU failure caused by a leaking element gasket feeding excess heat and steam into the CPU case. Most Klub CPU cases will look half-melted due to overheating, which eventually kills the board.
            the gaskets are readily available from diamond in thomastown

Comment

Originally posted by 6B49544147486172260 link=1326769252/4#4 date=1326829517
              Originally posted by 63747A3A7072727B787970170 link=1326769252/3#3 date=1326799814
              these boilers on earlier machines are prone to leaking and gasket issues
              Very much so - I repaired a machine last year that had cracked welds on the boiler (the neck the element mounts into had split halfway round the weld attaching it to the boiler body). Had to replace the boiler - fortunately we happened to have a brand new boiler in the workshop. But within a few months the machine had to be scrapped - the brand new boiler started leaking from half a dozen spots around the weld holding the end plate onto the boiler.

Klubs were only meant to be a $2000 coffee machine, built to last a few years and be basically a throwaway item when major things started to go wrong. Unfortunately the importer decided to sell them for a similar price to real commercial machines and pocket the difference, so owners cant afford to scrap them when things go wrong.

Do you know that for a fact? or is it just something you were told?

Comment

Originally posted by 7D6C62090 link=1326769252/5#5 date=1327397316
                the gaskets are readily available from diamond in thomastown
                Thats useful to know. Although Id actually prefer to make gaskets myself, as the material I have used to make gaskets seems to deal with the heat better than the original ones did.

Comment

Originally posted by 766769020 link=1326769252/6#6 date=1327397444
                  Its something I have been told from a very reliable "inside" source which is backed up by other things I have been able to find out over time, but wont say more about it as its not my place to be revealing commercially sensitive information.

Comment

Originally posted by 597B6673757A5340140 link=1326769252/8#8 date=1327484062
                    Originally posted by 766769020 link=1326769252/6#6 date=1327397444
                    Its something I have been told from a very reliable "inside" source which is backed up by other things I have been able to find out over time, but wont say more about it as its not my place to be revealing commercially sensitive information.
                    Fair enough, character assassination is fine though?

Best to pull your head in, opinions are one thing slander is another

Comment

Hi I am new to post on Coffeesnobs but have been reading the forums for a while. I work for a small coffee machine service business on the Sunshine Coast Non-sponsor commercial material removed
                      Back to the question about the Element Gaskets. They have been a problem in the past, but now they are making them from a silicone product which works a lot better.(like the ones in the pic morganGT posted )

Comment

Working...
                      X