Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffe Machines between $7500 & $15,000

HI All,

Can anyone suggest and machines between the $7500 - $15,000 range.

We are starting up a cafe in Berwick VIC and are after somehwere to see and evaluate the machines.

Please let me know of some suggestions end experience.

Mike

Re: Coffe Machines between $7500 & $15,000

Originally posted by 0624203030302F30550 link=1331013628/0#0 date=1331013628
    HI All,

Mike
    Hello Mike and welcome.

Are you planning to align with a commercial coffee company?

If so, you should first look at what they have to offer as they will also have service and facilities to support you in your purchase.

In mission critical purchases like this, there is little value in purchasing from a bloke on the other side of the continent who cant help rapidly if something goes bang.

Buy a good machine and dont listen too much to the tired old recommendations that it must be brand "s", "s" or "lm" or its rubbish.

Coffee quality, grinder and barista skills will influence whats in the cup far more than a bling name.

Good luck!

Chris

Comment

Chris,

The wife is the one doing this, i am just the bank for all this and the research assistant

WHats the difference ?

With respect to purchase, we would only purchase local due to support and service and expect certain service levels.

When it comes to brand and quality, being a musician myself, i have top of the range equipment as i know it will last me pretty much forever and the quality of sound produced is great - obviously you need to play well also so that is why i was thinking about a high end priced machine that will last the distance, usage - to be a hard work horse that wont fail and just keeps going and going .

The good barista skills part - well that is one thing that needs to be addressed

Will give you a call for a chat ..

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by 7B595D4D4D4D524D280 link=1331013628/0#0 date=1331013628
        HI All,

We are starting up a cafe in Berwick VIC and are after somehwere to see and evaluate the machines.

Mike
        If Barista skills are lacking have you looked at a Super Auto?

We have an Azkoyen Espression we bought second hand of ebay for $500. It makes a very very good cup of coffee. every time.

It is adjustable in almost every regard and very easy to use and maintain. Twin hoppers are a bonus too.

At the time of purchase there was an ECM Veronica and a Italgi that went for similar money.

I am not sure how good other super autos are but they are in you price range. Just a thought

Comment

Re: Coffee Machines between $7500 & $15,000

Originally posted by 717D6E6E696F6F1C0 link=1331013628/3#3 date=1331394004
          I think hes opening a cafe, not a fuel outlet or convenience store

ECM did have a crack at the Veronica and a few evaluation units came to Australia. They failed muster and were dropped like the proverbial hot spud. I am not aware that any were ever sold.

Comment

Originally posted by 207F67717A717D747477777F737C120 link=1331013628/4#4 date=1331415939
            Originally posted by 717D6E6E696F6F1C0 link=1331013628/3#3 date=1331394004
            I think hes opening a cafe, not a fuel outlet or convenience store

ECM did have a crack at the Veronica and a few evaluation units came to Australia. They failed muster and were dropped like the proverbial hot spud. I am not aware that any were ever sold.
            Ok. Fair call.

I only know the Azkoyen. It is a very good unit. It has many adjustments inc grinding, weight of coffee, infusion times, boiler temp, volumes etc etc. and will give a Barista a good run for their money.

It can be be programmed to make a very good cup of coffee.

As the op has indicated that the Barista side needs to be adressed I thought it might be worth a look. However, as I am not the font of all knowledge I shall crawl back into my hole. (just after I make another cup of coffee)

Comment

Originally posted by 4D6F6B7B7B7B647B1E0 link=1331013628/0#0 date=1331013628
              HI All,

Mike

Hi mike,
              with $15,00 you can thing about
              La Marzocco GB5 3 Group AV alone
              or La Marzocco Linea 3 Group + Mazzer Robur E

do a research about this, will kill HX-Machine,
              of cause Beans and Operator is mater to.

cheers....

Comment

Cant resist this one.......

Re ".....do a research about this, will kill HX-Machine...."

Really? In what way? When / where / how / what parameters / scenarios / situation / In the hands of whom / In what location / which clientelle or market / etc?

I have clients with LMs. The coffees they produce are subject to the same ever present variables in the business situation as all the other clients with HXs, and their wet coffees in the end are not much different to eachother. I went to great lengths (translates to "spent valuable time and energy") to explain a lot of this stuff in another topic here a few days ago....http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1332216562 Perhaps you didnt see it?

What is required is a bit of reality from the onlooking public some of whom could do well to limit their tiresome academic interference into the real world of legitimate professional coffee and coffee brewing equipment business.

The OPs need to go and talk to their legitimate professional experienced coffee suppler and listen to their legitimate professional experienced advice....and I believe that was already said above thanks Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by 251106100B3C200C05050606630 link=1331013628/7#7 date=1334728077
                  Cant resist this one.......

Re ".....do a research about this, will kill HX-Machine...."

Really? In what way? When / where / how / what parameters / scenarios / situation / In the hands of whom / In what location / which clientelle or market / etc?

I have clients with LMs. The coffees they produce are subject to the same ever present variables in the business situation as all the other clients with HXs, and their wet coffees in the end are not much different to eachother. I went to great lengths (translates to "spent valuable time and energy") to explain a lot of this stuff in another topic here a few days ago....http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1332216562 Perhaps you didnt see it?

What is required is a bit of reality from the onlooking public some of whom could do well to limit their tiresome academic interference into the real world of legitimate professional coffee and coffee brewing equipment business.

The OPs need to go and talk to their legitimate professional experienced coffee suppler and listen to their legitimate professional experienced advice....and I believe that was already said above thanks Chris.
                  Id like to buy you a beer! well said

Comment

One of my favorite shops has one of these.
                    The coffee produced is simply superb, and the visual impact really seems to draw in the passer by.

Of course, the barista would surely have spent some time learning the machine, but the results are sure worth the time spent.

It even comes in a few cents under budget 

Comment

Sadly its probably all a tad academic. The last time the OP was here was 2 days after the first post- over 6 weeks ago....

Has to make you wonder as to the motivation :-?

Comment

Originally posted by 7654504040405F40250 link=1331013628/0#0 date=1331013628
                        Can anyone suggest and machines between the $7500 - $15,000 range
                        I have a Sunbeam (new in the box) that I can do for $12,000 ono.

...and if you haggle I might toss in a grinder and knockbox too

;D

Comment

This is more Saeco area Andy...

Comment

I think the OP is after a multi-boiler, you better strap a few via venezias together.

Comment

Originally posted by 544F454D7944494842260 link=1331013628/13#13 date=1335524285
                              I think the OP is after a multi-boiler, you better strap a few via venezias together.
                              At $400 a pop, were talking the worlds first 30 group machine. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X