Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning LaCimbali M28 Auto Coffee Machine! Help

Hi All,

I have had this coffee machine for a while now and its been fantastic. During this time I have performed the basics in terms of cleaning but having come from a Sunbeam where cleaning was a snap I have no idea where to start with this machine. Do I need to use any kind of descale solution?

I have also read you need to wash back the group handles using plastic inserts but I dont have those or really know what they are.

Any advise from someone who probably preforms this ritual weekly would be really appreciated!

Re: Cleaning LaCimbali M28 Auto Coffee Machine! Help

Bump. Come on people. Would really love some help with this one! There must be some cleaning coffee snobs experts out there :/

Comment

The two things you need are a 58mm commercial blind filter basket (no perforations) which goes into the group handle instead of the regular basket, and a detergent powder specifically for espresso machines, such as Cafetto. Any local site sponsor should be able to provide these, and backflushing your Cimbali is no different to any other commercial machine so theres a ton of info readily available on how best to go about it.

Regarding descaling, I would not advise it as a routine operation, if youre worried about scale I would look into some appropriate filtration as prevention is better than the cure

Comment

Back flush weekly with Cafetto EVO using a blind filter.
        Descale with Cafetto Restore, instructions for EVO and Restore included on the packaging.
        The blind filter and Cafetto products are available from Coffee Parts (Site sponsor) an excellent company to deal with.
        My preference is to descale every few months rather than mess around installing and maintaining expensive filter systems, have been doing it this way for over 12 years without a problem.

I

Comment

I know there are alot of pros and cons surrounding scale inhibition via filtration, but all Ill say is that whenever you descale a machine, remember you are putting acid in it. The descaler will leach small amounts of zinc out of brass fittings, leaving a weaker alloy (this is why freshly descaled brass parts turn a copperish colour).

Ive been working on machines that have had heavy descaling in the past, only to have pipe fittings literally crumble when loosened with a spanner.

Comment

Working...
          X