Italbar 3 Group Parts and Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italbar 3 Group Parts and Advice Please

My workplace acquired an Italbar 3 group (Model: 100 3gr/dig Made in 2000).

The machine seems decent, but has had a hard life, and continues to...   

I am looking to replace the damaged shower screens, the group seals, and the steam valve/washer.  Any information about parts or this machine in general would be invaluable to me.  A manual would be great as it has programmable buttons too.

Google has revealed precious little information about the machine.

We also have a Brevetto grinder which need a good clean out, and probably a new burr set. It seems to be a standard commecial set.

Eventually I hope to change the culture of machine & taste bud abuse and start getting some decent coffee at work!   

Thank you!

NB: A search for the Brevetto reveals that its actually a Mazzer - I thought it was a Mazzer all along, but then saw the Brevetto label which threw me...

Re: Italbar 3 Group Parts and Advice Please

Originally posted by 3621393B520 link=1332421179/0#0 date=1332421178
    NB: A search for the Brevetto reveals that its actually a Mazzer
    Pulled out the burrs on the grinder today. Its a Mazzer Super Jolly I believe. Cleaned a lot of awful gunk out of it. The burrs didnt look too bad, but Ill work toward getting a new set.

Which sponsor stock Mazzer burr sets?

There seems to be no such company as Italbar anymore...

Comment

Brevetto is Italian for Patent. You see brevetti company name engraved on all sorts of nice Italian things, especially Campagnolo bike bits

Super Jolly burrs are pretty common, Coffee Parts would probably be a good bet.

Comment

Originally posted by 3D262C24102D20212B4F0 link=1332421179/2#2 date=1332565905
        Brevetto is Italian for Patent. You see brevetti company name engraved on all sorts of nice Italian things, especially Campagnolo bike bits  Smiley
        Ha, the things you learn - quite funny now that Im in on the joke. I like bike bits too, but Ive not yet graduated to Campagnolo parts.

Originally posted by 3D262C24102D20212B4F0 link=1332421179/2#2 date=1332565905
        Super Jolly burrs are pretty common, Coffee Parts would probably be a good bet.
        Thanks for that tip. From the burr measurements (83mm) it would seem that its actually a Mazzer Major. I should get an M logo badge for it.

Im keen to find out the story on the Italbar. They seem virtually non-existant.  Currently trying to get budget for a service. I dont think we use enough coffee to get a contract.

Comment

I think from what I managed to Google up and from the look of those pics (but could easily be wrong) that an Italbar may be quite similar to a Brasilia. A good pic of the steam taps and it would be easy to confirm. The ID plate and the drip tray does look very like a Brasilia Portofino. If so, steam taps may be either multi-turn with viton seals and O-rings, or 1/4 turn with ceramic seals.

Group showers and seals are easy to identify - you need cup showers and Wega seals, either 8 or 8.5mm - Nuova Ricambi part numbers are NR526100/A for the cup showers, Nr700883 for 8mm seals and NR700883/5 for the 8.5mm seals. Choice of seal will be based on how worn the handles/heads are.

Comment

Originally posted by 4765786D6B644D5E0A0 link=1332421179/4#4 date=1332666622
            Group showers and seals are easy to identify - you need cup showers and Wega seals, either 8 or 8.5mm - Nuova Ricambi part numbers are NR526100/A for the cup showers, Nr700883 for 8mm seals and NR700883/5 for the 8.5mm seals. Choice of seal will be based on how worn the handles/heads are.
            Fantastic, thanks for this information.

Originally posted by 4765786D6B644D5E0A0 link=1332421179/4#4 date=1332666622
            A good pic of the steam taps and it would be easy to confirm. The ID plate and the drip tray does look very like a Brasilia Portofino. If so, steam taps may be either multi-turn with viton seals and O-rings, or 1/4 turn with ceramic seals.
            The taps are indeed 1/4 turn. Ill get some morepictures up as soon as I can get them.

I looked up some pictures of the Brasilia Portofino, it does look like the same machine. The knobs on ours - from memory - are round with a flattened side.

Thanks again MorganGT - very much appreciated!

Comment

Anyone know about programming this thing - Brasilia Portofino aka Italbar (Model: 100 3gr/dig Made in 2000)

A google search reveals no sign of a manual, and an email to Brasilia, Italy got no response.

Would appreciate any clues!

Comment

Working...
              X