Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Cimbali M30 Classic

Hi,
    Can someone help me wrt more info on a La Cimbali M30 Classic.
    Are they a decent machine for making coffee? Are they temperature stable, good steam etc?
    Do they use electronic valves to do the extraction or is the knob at the bottom a tap?
    The reason I ask is that I want to automate a machine, I know the Dosatron is volumetric, is it the same apart from the electronics and the flow sensor?

many thanks

Lee

Re: La Cimbali M30 Classic

Originally posted by 21202E212C3F28234D0 link=1333863858/0#0 date=1333863858
    Hi,
    Can someone help me wrt more info on a La Cimbali M30 Classic.
    Are they a decent machine for making coffee? Are they temperature stable, good steam etc?
    Do they use electronic valves to do the extraction or is the knob at the bottom a tap?
    The reason I ask is that I want  to automate a machine, I know the Dosatron is volumetric, is it the same apart from the electronics and the flow sensor?

many thanks

Lee

This video will tell you better than words
    However it will be a plumbed in model & possibly 15 am electrical socket required

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmACcs9frbw[/media]

KK

Comment

Thanks Koffee Kosmo, looks like the knob at the bottom is just a switch but cant be sure from the video.

Has anyone got some "inside" information?

thanks

Comment

Yes the bottom left knob is mains switch, bottom right should be manual boiler fill

Comment

From left to right the knobs/switches on the top are:[list bull-redball][*]A mechanical valve for the left steam arm.[*]An electrical switch for the hot water tap.[*]An electrical switch, on machines so equipped, for the cup warmer.[*]A mechanical valve for the right steam arm.[/list]

From left to right the knobs on the bottom are:[list bull-redball][*]A 3-position (Off, water fill, heat.) power switch.[*]A on/off (electrical) switch for water flow to the grouphead.[*]A blank hole filler where on a machine equipped for it a gas control valve/knob would be.[*]A mechanical manual water fill lever.[/list]

Originally posted by 484947484556414A240 link=1333863858/0#0 date=1333863858
          Yes, yes (If left sitting between shots they require a cooling flush prior to brewing.), and yes.

Originally posted by 484947484556414A240 link=1333863858/0#0 date=1333863858
          The reason I ask is that I want to automate a machine, I know the Dosatron is volumetric, is it the same apart from the electronics and the flow sensor?
          The machine as-is will last you much longer with fewer repairs as there are no electronics in it to wear out and need to be replaced as in a Dosatron. Aside from those electronics they are virtually identical machines component wise.

Java "Id put one on my bench in a heartbeat!" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Just brought it, now I need to find a good source of spare parts, I am going to do a complete restore.

Anybody scrapping one, I need a side panel.

thanks for the help

Lee

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy parts for the M30? Does anyone do a trade discount for people buying lots of bits?
              I am also looking for some advise on what to soak parts in for cleaning etc.

thanks
              Lee

Comment

Working...
              X