Carimali ETA BETA E2 Help with leaking pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carimali ETA BETA E2 Help with leaking pump

Hi I Just bought a second hand Carimali ETA BETA E2, I have just plugged and plumbed it in and discovered a leak coming from the water pump, it is running into the bottom casing via the little holes near the end that joins to the motor. I assume this is not normal however I am wondering if anyone can help me here? Does this mean the pump is cactus or is there something else going on that I am not aware of? Please see pictures below I have circled the holes I am referring to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Doug

Re: Carimali ETA BETA E2 Help with leaking pump

Cactus, mafraid. They are a sealed (well not anymore) unit and not really designed to be rebuilt, if its leaking theres a good chance the bearings have had it.

The pump body is not all that expensive, better that than replacing the motor as well down the track.

Comment

Thanks R-B

Got new pump and all is well, one other defect is one of the brewing heads is not heating up, manual says it is not electronically heated so can only assume the copper feed from top of boiler is not working properly.

Another question (sorry) but how do you de-scale a commercial machine? I assume you have to pop off one of the top valves on the boiler and drop in some de-scale? Or is it a strip down job????

Cheers

Comment

You dont....you feed it conditioned water instead.

Dont get ahead of yourself with web fueled technicalities like "descaling".  Suggest you get it running and see how it works. If it works fine, buy a simple triple action (anti particles / anti scale / anti odours) water filtration device, splice into the water inlet, and forget about "descaling".

If when you get it running it is blocked somewhere, effect repairs as and where necessary. If there is a problem with some scale, it is obviously going to be in an area of the machine where the blocked orifice is small. Clear that, put back together, try again. ie effect rectifications as and where necessary. KISS.

Its obviously too late for this but if you are in an area known for hard water....dont ever buy used espresso machines 

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for that, good advice. The machine came with an in-line triple action filter which has been with the machine from new so I should be ok. I did flush a full tank through the system to take out any stale water. It tastes fine and there are no odd smells so I think Im good.

How often should the in-line filter be changed?

Cheers Doug

Comment

Working...
          X