Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring La Cimbali M30 Classic

Hi,
    I have received my La Cimbali M30 and are about to begin a restoration.
    Can anyone give me some pointers on where to source  spare parts including spare cabinet parts?
    What is recommended to soak pipework and boilers in to clean etc.

many thanks
    Lee

Re: Restoring La Cimbali M30 Classic

HI Lee

I have a heap of spares laying about. A few panels as well. Send me a PM if you are after anything specific.

cheers

Clint

Comment

Re: Restoring La Cimbali M30 Classic

pm sent, thanks

Comment

Hey! I recently acquired the same exact machine (Cimbali M30 classic 2 group). What did you end up doing for power? Did you have to convert the power cable or source?

Comment

PS. I live in the U.S. I'm sure power is different elsewhere, not sure where you live.

Comment

I live in Australia, 240v or 3 phase. The machine can run on either, if you have a manual there is a page showing how to change the wiring between single and 3 phase. I would guess in the US, it would be 3 phase or at least 2 phase as the current draw is high.

Comment

Progress

I have started putting it back together now, many months spent dismantling and cleaning, replaced lots of o-rings etc.
              http://coffeesnobs.com.au/attachment...0&d=1343465735
              http://coffeesnobs.com.au/attachment...1&d=1343465742
              Attached Files

Comment

Rebuild continues.

All the plumbing is complete, next the wiring, might be making coffee in a week or two.

I have to install a 25Amp power socket to run the machine before I can use it.

I have two different model sides on the machine at the moment, my original M30 diecast bases are damaged, I picked up some M21? sides from Pip (Thanks Pip!) and are looking at integrating them into the existing cabinet.

I still have some work to do on the sides and a few special mods under the hood but I want to get to know it better before I change things.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by lmclaren; 5 August 2012, 04:21 PM. Reason: Make it a bit prettier.

Comment

A few more pictures.

More pictures attached

Attached Files

Comment

Looks awesome. How old is the beastie.

Comment

amazing job so far on the resto mate, looks brand new so far... officially jealous of your work

Comment

That is very beautiful.

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments.

At a guess it would have been build around 1998, I am working on the electrics next I expect to be able to find a date on one of the components to give me a better idea.

Comment

You have done a great job of restoring the machine.

Comment

Working...
                            X