Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who am I?

Re: Who am I?

A Rocket with Dual Boilers? interesting design looks more industrial to me.

ahh Rocket R58? and it does have a pid? wheres the pid control hiding?

I assume this is in direct competition with the likes of the Duetto? price and performance?

Comment

Originally posted by 555A5D405C57320 link=1334311003/2#2 date=1334312741
      A Rocket with Dual Boilers? interesting design looks more industrial to me.

ahh Rocket R58? and it does have a pid? wheres the pid control hiding?

I assume this is in direct competition with the likes of the Duetto? price and performance?
      Ah... Thats it.

Comment

From what I can gather, it was "released" via a tweet a few days ago and there is a little discussion out there for those who want to have a scrounge. I understand the PID is located at the front behind the drip tray. Pricing looks exxy. I would have thought its a while off for Australia as ECA will want to do their usual work to ensure that its right, compliant and reliable for our market.

Comment

Does anyone want a 2012 Duetto going cheap I feel some upgraditus coming on? :-)

Comment

The more I look the hotter it gets. Gorgeous!

Comment

THIS is beautiful! I must have it.

Comment

Im not so sure that the blatant branding on the valve handles isnt a tad OTT for me, but I like the look of the rest. Would loved to have seen it retain the angled sides of the Giotto or Veneziano, but I guess they want to differentiate the range. The PID is down waaaaaay low. Hope its well protected from water.... :-/

Sal mentioned that he thinks he may have a prototype or evaluation machine front and centre at M.I.C.E- if it makes it here in time....

Comment

Originally posted by 63565B5C68745851515252370 link=1334311003/7#7 date=1334566494
                  Im not so sure that the blatant branding on the valve handles isnt a tad OTT for me
                  The BIG R is a bit ostentatious for my liking too. Where is the PID ? In the drip tray? Otherwise quite an understated sexy looking machine.

Comment

On Rockets Facebook page:

i don´t know what is allowed to say till the innovations are fixed by law - so sorry! The heater is 1400W and switches between the 2 boilers! Heat/\//\/ing time is very quick - no problems by switching between service-boiler and water-boiler! PID Control at both boilers! No calculated group temperature - deviation of temperature ist less than 1° etc.pp.! Compared to La Marzocco (don´t forget their price!) to say PERFECT to R58 was not enough!
                    oh, and from a Dutch website (translated)
                    Professional PID with remote control unit
                    Rocket has chosen a PID with remote control unit via a cable to the bottom / side of the machine is attached.

Comment

Yes, my understanding is the PID will be an external unit connected via a serial cable. Sounds interesting!

Comment

Some pictures

Comment

And some more pictures

Comment

Interesting photos. Whilst its a good idea having the PID controller off the actual body for aesthetics, wouldnt it get annoying just sitting on the bench nearby? Unless you blutacked it to the wall. It looks completely different to the typical Gicar units found in other DB machines.

I noticed Chris has added it to the Talk Coffee website? Does that mean ECA is definitely going to import it? ETA? Luv to see a shootout with the Alex. Price will also be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 2F2823232839394D0 link=1334311003/13#13 date=1334735231
                              Interesting photos. Whilst its a good idea having the PID controller off the actual body for aesthetics, wouldnt it get annoying just sitting on the bench nearby?
                              I guess you will just plug in when you need to. FWIW, Id fiddle with temperature perhaps every 3 months

I noticed Chris has added it to the Talk Coffee website? Does that mean ECA is definitely going to import it? ETA?
                              Well spotted. It went up this morning

It is coming but ETA has not been locked in yet. Sal has mentioned he hopes to have an evaluation machine here for MICE. It will then be a matter of testing and setting Australian spec. Even though some eggspurts "elsewhere" think its untrue, most companies have their machines manufactured and set to Aussie spec. ECA does with every machine they import. So do we.

Luv to see a shootout with the Alex. Price will also be interesting.
                              I am sure it will be horses for courses. We already have the VBM 2B on demo along side the Izzo, so it will be great to have all 3. This will not so much be a discussion/determination of which is best, rather which best matches each purchasers personal needs. I am not expecting it will be cheaper than the VBM, but time will tell.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X