Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the La Cimbali M30 Classic Volumetric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the La Cimbali M30 Classic Volumetric?

Well, while dismantling for a rebuild I noticed it has a volumetric pump and a mechanical timer etc. So the million dollar question, is it volumetric, eg turn the knob and out come 30mls based on time?
    The circuit diagrams I have dont mention it but its there.

thanks
    Lee

Re: Is the La Cimbali M30 Classic Volumetric?

All the M30 Classics I have seen were non-volumetric. Water ran to the grouphead as long as the switch for that group was in the ON position. With the machine as-built from the factory I dont know of anything on it that would have a volumetric system associated with it. Perhaps someone tried to mod one in? Id be tracing the wiring and piping out to see exactly what its hooked too.

Java "Cimbali fan" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

There is a mechanical timer in the tray at the bottom, it doesnt look out of place, same vintage etc.
      https://plus.google.com/photos/11605...CLiRxfL01o_vdA
      Looks like it grew there.

Fixed the #@$#@ google photo link.

Comment

Originally posted by 1C372037263E3F3A33560 link=1335093996/1#1 date=1335940974
        Id be tracing the wiring and piping out to see exactly what its hooked too.
        At this point that;s what Id be doing.

Java "Arent restos fun?!?" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I will, want to do a cct diag anyway.

Take a day or two and I will post.

Comment

Ok, it took more than 2 days to do a circuit diagram, not complete but I have done enough to understand what the timer does.

Circuit below. The timer appears to be an auto repeating with 7 sec on and maybe 60 repeat cycle, I will have a better idea when it is running.

The timer switch is inline with the relay that controls the pump and fill solenoid. The timer runs when the hot water button is pressed or the fill switch demands water, so in short it appears to be some sort of way of filling the boiler slowly, maybe to increase stability? Anyone seen this before or want to take a guess?

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X