Faema Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faema Legend

I started this topic in the UK and had a couple of positive answers but I dont think there were many users of this machine in the UK. Anyway, I sold my Duetto this weekend cause I have had my eyes on a Faema legend for some time  . The Duetto was more than adequate for what I wanted it for. Its just a aesthetic thing. Agreed it costs a fortune but forget about that for the time being. Has anyone had any negative points (hopefully not  ) about owning such a machine?
    Thanks

Re: Faema Legend

Which one are you asking about, semi auto or auto?

I suspect that there arent too many people in Australia who have one. First reason is obvious, the price and the second is the availability.
    Then there is also the issue of plumbing etc which is not an issue in more popular machines like your old machine due to internal tank.

I cant remember if it runs on a 10amp plug.

If you are after some eye candy then youre onto a winner (though beauty is in the eye of the beholder). I personally think that the Duetto will produce better results in the cup due to the wider range of user controlled variables.

Just my 2c

Comment

They are actually pretty common and there are quite a few in Australia.

2 group machines require 15A outa the box. As for one group, I dunno as I have yet to see one.

They do require caalibration of the thermosyphone restrictors but are otherwise excellent machines.

Comment

Originally posted by 3C352B6E6F5F0 link=1337018038/1#1 date=1337044311
        Which one are you asking about, semi auto or auto?
        I thought the auto was called the Jubilee and the semi was called the Legend.
        Anyway I better read up on what thermosyphone restrictors do? Will I need to use a scace or can I just get away with sticking my finger under the group  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 392F223D26232F204E0 link=1337018038/3#3 date=1337097990
          I thought the auto was called the Jubilee and the semi was called the Legend.
          Anyway I better read up on what thermosyphone restrictors do? Will I need to use a scace or can I just get away with sticking my finger under the group 
          Correct you are walshman...

Just use your finger. If two shots burn you similarly, youre in the zone. I call it a Chris II device. ;D

Seriously though, you will need a method. Id think a bead probe over the puck would probably suffice.

Comment

I ran my Duetto with a pressure reducing valve set at 2Bar, Would this be the case for the Legend?

Comment

Originally posted by 16000D12090C000F610 link=1337018038/5#5 date=1337416684
              I ran my Duetto with a pressure reducing valve set at 2Bar, Would this be the case for the Legend?
              Thats very low. We recommend 350kPa

Comment

Originally posted by 247B63757E7579707073737B7778160 link=1337018038/6#6 date=1337417215
                Thats very low. We recommend 350kPa
                Thats 3.5 bar. Is this for the izzo if so it seems high or is it for the Faema ? Sorry for being naive  :-[

Comment

Yes- correct for both

Comment

OK thanks cjn. So would the pressure gauge be reading the same 3.5 bar when the machine is not running?
                    cheers 

Comment

Originally posted by 726469766D68646B050 link=1337018038/9#9 date=1337502512
                      OK thanks cjn. So would the pressure gauge be reading the same 3.5 bar when the machine is not running?
                      cheers 
                      Yeppers (or thereabouts)

Comment

The legend has arrived. Half way into installing it I looked at the flex coming out of the machine and it is a 3 phase flex. This could potentially end up a nightmare for me  . I have contacted the vendor(coffeeitalia) making them aware that they have shipped me a 415V machine and I thought I was getting a 240V machine. Trouble is who is to blame? the web site http://www.coffeeitalia.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=faema-a dont mention any voltages so naturally I thought they would send me a 240V one.Any suggestions?

Comment

Oh Dear......

a thought- if it turns out it only comes with a 3 phase power lead find out the total power rating. then if you get really lucky it may have dual elements in the main boiler. Just maybe disconnecting one of them will get you inside your power limit ( 10A in the UK- 2400 Watts? , or do you have a 15A 3600 Watt outlet ).

If you can get to that point you can join the 3 phases together and run from a single phase outlet.

Of course this will adversely affect your boiler warm up time and general performance.

Best of British!

Originally posted by 2D3B362932373B345A0 link=1337018038/11#11 date=1338315997
                          I have contacted the vendor(coffeeitalia) making them aware that they have shipped me a 415V machine and I thought I was getting a 240V machine.

Comment

Id rather have a 3000watt machine than a 3 phase one working on half power. Its gotta go.

Comment

Originally posted by 4B5D504F54515D523C0 link=1337018038/13#13 date=1338325916
                              Its gotta go.
                              Or have the house rewired.

Barry.

Comment

Working...
                              X