Rocket Evoluzione V2 discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Evoluzione V2 discussion thread

Just what it says. The differences in Aus spec from Aus spec V1 amount to new gauges, boiler wrap and the plakky tamper has be replaced by an anodised metal one.

Re: Rocket Evoluzione V2 discussion thread

Has it arrived Chris?

Comment

Originally posted by 7C77797C6B7272671E0 link=1339038380/1#1 date=1339039149
      Has it arrived Chris?
      Yes bb,

We shipped our first one on tuesday. We also have one on the bench. FWIW, I dont like the look of gauges as much as the old ones, but I guess they had to change now that there are two in the Plus V2. All personal preference though...

Comment

I am the person that the first evo 2 was shipped out to.
        I will let you know how it goes. Be kind though as this is my first machine and I am a total noob.
        Chris you should be relaxing and not thinking about coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by 47414F4B5E494B2C0 link=1339038380/3#3 date=1339059483
          I am the person that the first evo 2 was shipped out to.
          I will let you know how it goes.  Be kind though as this is my first machine and I am a total noob.
          Chris you should be relaxing and not thinking about coffee!
          How could I not think about coffee kmcgreg! ;D

Have a look at www.espressocompany.com.au/how-to.htm while you wait for it arrive...

Enjoy...

C

Comment

Wonder if the boiler wrap effects the heat produced for the cup warming area?

Comment

Originally posted by 4342141C1217250 link=1339038380/5#5 date=1339197336
              Wonder if the boiler wrap effects the heat produced for the cup warming area?
              It cannot help but...

I wonder if the reason for this might be that buyers percieve that its a plus. I really dont believe that it would save megabucks per year- Its only about items on buyer checklists IMHO.

Comment

Here is a photo of my Evo 2, really pleased with the results  , I am new to the Snobs world, but love a great brew,  pulled some great shots, as well as some shockers, the tamper appears to be alloy,
                Cheers, GB

Comment

oh wow that looks sexy lol

did the tamper and tamp stand come with the giotto evo?

Comment

Lemo, no the tamp and stand was extra, hardly got to apply any pressure at all, weights a tonne attached photo is the tamp that comes with the machine, quite nice, and also works well,

Comment

I gotto say that the step-up from plastic is great for a tamper. I always thought that why pay x amount of dollars only to be confronted with a bit of plastic.

Comment

Hi all,  thanks fellow CS members for all the advice.
                        Thanks Chris from TalkCoffee for getting me into such great gear that arrived today in perfect shape.

I am a total noob but after a few disasters, I managed to dial in the grinder to roughly where it is giving me a great expresso.
                        I will ask some really dumb questions elsewhere.  Suffice to say that I love it but have a lot to learn.

Comment

Congratulations but your kettle looks a bit lonely on the side

Comment

looks very nice in that kitchen

Comment

kmcgreg, I'm curious now that you've had the Evo V2 how you're finding it. I'm thinking about upgrading and have narrowed it down to this machine, so would love any feedback!

Comment

Working...
                              X