Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Giotto Evoluzione troubleshooting

Gday folks,

a problem I have just noticed in the last probably 2 weeks with my giotto. My poison is a espresso, and I have noticed that the coffee i drink isnt at a hot tempreature, not talking about burning hot, but when you drink it, it tastes warm. Any suggestions what may have happened or what I am doing wrong. My way of making coffee has not changed.
    Any suggestions or comments will be appraciated.

cheers

Thanks for your interesting reply. I might rephrase the question then, has anyone had a problem with their machine where the coffee does not seem to be as hot any more?

Comment

Approx how long has the machine been on and what does the boiler guage read (left guage) before pulling the shot?

Comment

As Talk Coffee said, definitely more info required...

What are you drinking? is it milk based or is it an espresso?

Without knowing your actual situation, here are a few things you could try:
        1 - Warm your cups
        2 - If it's milk based, try steaming it for a little bit longer
        3 - leave your machine on for at least 30minutes (this way the cups get warm, and the whole machine builds up heat - eg group head, porta filter etc)

Comment

The OP does specifically mention it is "espresso"

Comment

talk coffee, sorry for wasting your time but I didnt realise my question was as hard as one you would find on who wants to be a millionair. I thought this forum was here to assist each other. But all good.
            special pants, thanks for that advise i will give it ago. Cheers

Comment

Are you sure you don't have "false pressure" in the boiler ?
              Open the steam valve and see how much the boiler pressure drops.
              If that is the case it will be holding a low boiler temperature despite the pressure gauge indicating OK.
              A cheap digital thermometer can be helpful for checking the group is up to temp ( 95-100C )
              Last edited by Coffee2Di4; 20 July 2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X