Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LM Linea Rebuild

Hi All

I thought some of you might be interested in this , Iv just started on a full rebuild of a customers 3 group low cup linea.
    Ill post up some pics as I go but heres the start.

Covers Off

Pipework out

Group boiler out and split

Groups stripped , Holy scale batman

Holy scale indeed!!! Can't wait to see the progress

Comment

Awesome photos - I'm so keen to see more, keep them coming!
      I'll be watching this thread!

Comment

Not stainless bolts in the group assy's then ?

Comment

Nope, being replaced when rebuilt though.

Comment

nzcoffeetech how old is that Linea? Can't wait to see it come back to life

Comment

Im not too sure , im guessing a reasonable age judging from the look of it, the frame is away being modified so ill check when it comes back , hoping to have the piping and boilers back from sonic cleaning early next week so will update when I start to rebuild.

Comment

I learn so much from watching you guys doing these restorations. Keep coming with these nice photos.

Comment

Update , got the boilers and pipework back from cleaning today so started putting it back together.

Nice clean frame.

Freshly cleaned and descaled boilers

Boilers bolted in on modified mountiing points to give slightly more cup height.

Getting there , new terminal blocks.
                  Just waiting on group manifold gaskets then they can go on and be plumbed.

Thermostats , valves , steam taps , switches ect. are all new. Only reusing solenoid valves as they are still good condition.

Hot Water outlet has been relocated between groups 2 & 3 as the customer didn't like it so close to the R/H wand.

Comment

Lovely detailed work. Are you planning on fitting a PID or keeping the thermostat?

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong but PID for all boilers and line pressure to the groups for manual soft infusion?

Comment

Its all staying as it was , so just traditional thermostat. The customer had a limited budget so we had to keep it to a minimum.
                        However to make it look basically new everything external , ie. switches , taps , manometer ect is new.

Comment

Originally posted by askthecoffeeguy View Post
                          correct me if I'm wrong but PID for all boilers and line pressure to the groups for manual soft infusion?
                          Not on a Linea , The Strada has this as it requires individual boilers for each group.

Comment

Fair enough. As long as the probe is squeaky clean and you can set it accurately, they work really well. I saw a great thing the other week, which was to replace the DPST rocker switch with two separate single pole rocker switches (in the same housing) to independently switch the pump and solenoid. Simple, but a very effective Linea mod. Or, any other semi-auto solenoid group machine for that matter.
                            Last edited by coffee_machinist; 18 August 2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rick_bond View Post
                              Fair enough. As long as the probe is squeaky clean and you can set it accurately, they work really well. I saw a great thing the other week, which was to replace the DPST rocker switch with two separate single pole rocker switches (in the same housing) to independently switch the pump and solenoid. Simple, but a very effective Linea mod. Or, any other semi-auto solenoid group machine for that matter.
                              Thermostat is brand new with lots of heat transfer paste and the housing is clean as a whistle.

That mod would be great on a single group machine but multiple groups could get difficult to manage and make it a pointless exercise.

Comment

Working...
                              X