Verona / La Rocca Rebuild issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verona / La Rocca Rebuild issue

Good afternoon all, I have been rebuilding this machine (pictured) from ground up replacing necessities as i go. The one and only problem i have come across so far (pretty major) is that once plumbed and wired up when i run any water through the group using the buttons it instead shoots water out the valves under the group head. What am i doing / have i done wrong? Wires around the wrong way could cause this? It is on both group heads. Any advice (apart from why did you bother..) will be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files

Considering its happening to both heads it's unlikely to be seals.

Looks like the brew pump is operating while the group head is still in the idle state.

I'd say yes most likely wiring (unless both solenoids are duff - unlikey...) and would initially point to whatever controls the group heads.

Comment

You mean water through the 3-way valves, the discharge into the drip tray? If that is the case then the valves are not operating properly.

Could be faulty solenoids or the valves themselves need attention.

Comment

I'd agree but it seems odd that both groups have same issue.

Comment

Between the touchpads and taps appear to be manual switches to brew while overriding the volumetric touchpads.

If you use this control, do you still have the problem?

Comment

The plunger of the 3 way solenoid under the group may be located the wrong way, try rotating it.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the tips, as it turns out i did have it around the wrong way! Obviously I didn't take enough photos while pulling it apart. Another issue i have is the green light is extremely dim and the water level sensor wont switch off the supply causing water to shoot from the safety valves as it rises above the MAX.. In the pic attached is the main power switch which i noticed is pretty ordinary. Am i right to assume it may still work (despite its appearance) but its only trickling power through which is not enough to trip the sensor?

I would love to just replace the switch and find out but its around $80 :-/
              Attached Files

Comment

Ack! I wouldn't even power the machine on with a switch and wiring looking like that! I'd be replacing not only the switch but some of the wires and shielding/insulators. That looks like a fire/shock waiting to happen!

Java "Safety first!" phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Hello Davidlissimore,

I found this post on this La Rocca coffee machine in this forum.
                  I've got a similar one recently, just finished rebuild, but not yet started.

Just wondering, what is the 3-way switch inside the machine (close to the left group head) for? Do you have any idea?

Your response much appreciated.

p.s. I'm new and not allowed to send PM.

Cheers,
                  yibyix

Comment

• level3ninja
                    level3ninja commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you click on his user name you'll see he was last active in 2013. Once you're not so new anymore might be worth sending him a PM as he may get a notification. Also if you post photos someone else might be able to help.

Good afternoon all. Just uploaded a pic showing the switch I'm talking about earlier. See it in the red circle below.

From what I see, one way connects to the solenoid valve for the group heads; the other way connects the pump motor.

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers.

Comment

338 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yibyix my only comment is you may want to check others can see your picture, doesn't work for me. Does it work for you on a different device?

Thanks level3ninja and 338. Seems there is restrictions for new user.

Tried again to upload the picture in my post, hopefully working this time...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_larocca.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	837732

Comment

338 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Perfectly visible now

To ensure everybody can see the picture, I shared it here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RzauAQPwifkh1rJaA

Cheers

Comment

Just to answer my own question, found this video https://youtu.be/rNG-CBQM3YQ on a machine called 'Strong Primary'. In this video, it mentioned that switch is to override the 'computer', make the machine to be in manual mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X