Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a rotary pump with a water reservoir

Hi,

I am interested in buying an Izzo Alex Duetto III and intend to use the water tank option with it. The problem is I have heard that rotary pumps should be plumbed in. Is anyone using their Duetto III with the water tank? Or any

other machine for that matter?

Thanks.

Hello FineGrind,

The Alex Duetto offers the option of tank or plumbed operation and neither method will affect performance or longevity.

You may find that those who have said rotary pumps need to be plumbed may not know that some machines with rotary pumps also have a tank.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Yep, just as Chris says,....... mine's (a II) been sailing along on tank for 18 months. No problem. Whatsoever.

Comment

I'm running on tank myself but plumbing will make things a lot more convenient for both refilling and draining.

Comment

Is it advisable to install an anti-drainback valve on the water inlet when using a tank, so the pump doesn't lose its prime?

Comment

On a coffee cart or similar? Yes. A non-return valve is used.

In this case, no. The tank is part of the machine- not an enternal tank. The machine monitors water level and attends appropriately to low water.

Comment

Thanks for the responses all. Just another quick question about the Duetto III to save opening another thread. The brew boiler has decreased in size. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I read on one site that the Vibiemme Domobar

Super Double Boiler, quote has "Smaller coffee boiler for improved temperature stability". But I have read somewhere else that the smaller boiler on the Duetto III is not as good as the older Duetto II. I am confused.

Comment

Hello FG. The theory is that with the HX supplying water to a smaller brew boiler, you have better temperature stability.

My feeling is that real world, the difference is negligible- if at all.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X