Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LM GS/3 Vacuum Breaker Modification

I just purchased a 2nd hand GS/3.

I have noticed a little steam and water coming from the vacuum breaker when she starts up.

This can be upgraded to the new type that vents into the drain tray. Does anyone know where to purchase this as a kit?

Thanks
    Simon

Can you remove it, give it a good clean and polish, make sure the o-ring is not sticking and possibly replace the o-ring? Usually works for my Grimac every couple of years or so.

Comment

Thanks Robusto,

Have given it a clean and it seals ok. I read on thread on homebarista.com that these can fail, causing water to spill down into the brain box. Apparently LM modified the design about 2.5 years ago and it can be purchased as a kit for slightly older GS/3's.

Cheers
      Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,

It will be an anti-vac with a nipple to which you can attach a length of silicon tube. This system is used in Izzo machines and we carry stock of the valve.

The attached photo of a VBM Domobar Super 2B will give you the general idea.

Chris
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Domobar Super 2B internals.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	733840

Comment

Thanks Chris,

That is what I am looking for. I found the main issue today, the non-return valve on the mixer for the hot water temp control (for tea water) is passing back into the steam boiler. Have opened up the brain box and fortunately no damage, but I have a bit of work to do to get little bugger out.

Do you stock one similar to this with a 90 degree barb? Click image for larger version

Name:	Vacuum breaker with 90 deg barb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	733843

Cheers,
          Simon
          Attached Files

Comment

That 90 degree valve looks identical to the valves fitted to some Marzocco steam taps as an 'anti milk suckback' device.

Comment

Working...
            X