Slayer 1 group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer 1 group

Just heard that Slayer are in the test phase with the single group Slayer! No pictures yet. They would probably fetch between 10-14 thousand id expect. I will post pictures once i get them.

I've seen some photos on instagram, but not of the finished machine, only of parts and manufacturing, oh and shots pulled. I'll post as they come in too pretty interesting. I spent fri night on a 3-group slayer, was fun, of course, I didn't sleep that night hahaha

Comment

an extraction shot
      Attached Files

Comment

I'd rather put the money towards another Ducati. I'm not sure the price premium over my ecm is capable of guaranteeing a better shot with me in front of the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeB View Post
          I'd rather put the money towards another Ducati. I'm not sure the price premium over my ecm is capable of guaranteeing a better shot with me in front of the machine.

maybe get behind the machine then ;

Comment

Joe, I have to say, being able to play with pre-infusion, compared to a standard 9-bar machine. Its next-level stuff. Seriously, quite incredible. Having said that, I'm satisfied with the coffee I'm getting from my Giotto!

On Fri night (slayer), I'd go pre-infusion until I see coffee starting on the portafilter, then flick to 9-bar, then ease back off again gently toward the end. The extractions are incredible, as is the result in the cup.

I'm just not that rich.

Also, a 3-group Slayer needs around 50AMP (from memory). what would a 1group need?

Comment

I heard on the grapevine there was going to be one on display from the WEGA boys at MICE this year. We will have to wait and see!

Comment

I wouldn't be rushing to spend $10k+ on a 1 group...

Bide your time guys..... *zipped*

Comment

Woah! This is truly ground breaking, just imagine being able to do pressure profiling at home! I mean i guess i can do that with my $1500 lever machine, but i would look so cool to all the coffee hipsters if i could do it with a paddle instead for only an extra 10k!

Comment

Maybe you could grow a beard and wear a beret while pulling shots on your lever? The 1 group Slayer is being developed as a tool for Roasters and blenders. You would be MAD to buy one for home use.

Originally posted by Wynton87 View Post
                    Woah! This is truly ground breaking, just imagine being able to do pressure profiling at home! I mean i guess i can do that with my $1500 lever machine, but i would look so cool to all the coffee hipsters if i could do it with a paddle instead for only an extra 10k!

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                      I wouldn't be rushing to spend $10k+ on a 1 group...

Bide your time guys..... *zipped*
                      Are you dangling a mystery carrot there Chris?

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                        I wouldn't be rushing to spend $10k+ on a 1 group
                        You would get the machine and maybe a Robur to match for that much money.
                        Make no mistake, the Slayer will be expensive but won't be "that" far off the GS3 pricing.

Jason showed me pics in Boston and rumour says it won't be too long before we see a couple of the early ones in Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                          You would get the machine and maybe a Robur to match for that much money.
                          Make no mistake, the Slayer will be expensive but won't be "that" far off the GS3 pricing...
                          That sounds a little more realistic Andy...

Originally posted by resonatorman View Post
                          Are you dangling a mystery carrot there Chris?
                          "Ehh...What's up doc?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wynton87 View Post
                            Who says lever's aren't cool?

Comment

At MICE! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367889586.225492.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	734291

Comment

Working...
                              X