Chinese Giotto ! ..Scam ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Giotto ! ..Scam ?

I notice that there are new "Giotto Premium V2" m/c's being offered on the auction 'bay from a vendor in China.
    They are using images of genuine Giotto's and have silly low starting bids and free delivery !.
    DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER BIDDING.
    This is a scam (obviously !).. where you may have a low winning bid , and eventually receive a delivery...but it wont be a Giotto !
    More likely a heavy box , maybe with some scrap metal inside, but you will get a delivery, simply so you cannot claim on PayPal for non delivery.
    The only way you can attempt a refund is to return the "delivery" to China within the 7 day limit ! ( expensive and near impossible.)
    And you can only use Pay Pal, so no credit card claims !
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

Good post and good heads up. I have also noticed they are doing the same with normally expensive road bikes. Bids starting at 99 cent, pictures of bike that are already on ebay and when you message them you get nothing...

Its nothing but a scam!!

Comment

Yes- too good to be true = too good to be true.

I heard also last week of somebody who was shafted by the cheap Indo site. Funds sent and nothing in return- also on a Rocket if I recall correctly.

Comment

Are they covered by PayPal buyer protection? (covers up to 3k IIRC).

You take a photo of what they send you, PayPal nicks their funds back.

Comment

I notice the same trick is also being tried with Vibiemme Piccolo's appearing in multiple adds....
          ...all low start bids, free shipping from china, PayPal only, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
            I notice the same trick is also being tried with Vibiemme Piccolo's appearing in multiple adds....
            ...all low start bids, free shipping from china, PayPal only, etc etc.
            I took a look on the 'bay, but couldn't find anything as described.
            Can you be a bit more specific about this - *without breaking forum rules? I want to see these scamster's ads.
            (I had a post edited a few days ago for posting a link to a device for sale, which AFAIK wouldn't in any way fall foul of any site sponsor's interests, and was not spam).
            Last edited by Bobrob; 29 May 2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

assuming you are looking on the Au site, just put "Vibiemme Piccolo " in the search box and it will come up with several results. ( 4 actually,..One genuine and the three fakes from china)
              I think the Chinese "Rocket" adds have been removed since i reported them.

Comment

Seriously though... PayPal has buyer protection on purchases through eBay for just this kinda crap... I'm confused as to how they expect to get paid.

Comment

Yes I have also seen these machines from china

The users listing them always have zero feedback

I always report them when I come across them and they are usually removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov21 View Post
                    Seriously though... PayPal has buyer protection on purchases through eBay for just this kinda crap... I'm confused as to how they expect to get paid.
                    Similar scammers have been known to contact the buyer and offer a substantial discount if one pays through Western Union.....then goodbye $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov21 View Post
                      Paypal is THE reason they can do this.
                      If you could pay with credit card, it would be a "No Risk" situation.
                      Paypal, gives the scammers the facility to hide behind the PP terms.
                      Smart buyers wont touch these deals, its only those gullible enough to think its a bargain that get caught out, and they are not always best equipped to chase through PPal's (unhelpful) procedures to even hope for a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                        Paypal is THE reason they can do this.
                        If you could pay with credit card, it would be a "No Risk" situation.
                        Paypal, gives the scammers the facility to hide behind the PP terms.
                        Smart buyers wont touch these deals, its only those gullible enough to think its a bargain that get caught out, and they are not always best equipped to chase through PPal's (unhelpful) procedures to even hope for a refund.
                        Do you really think that handing your credit card details over to a questionable seller in China is a '"No Risk" situation'????

PayPal is FAR better at protecting the buyer than any credit card I know of and getting a refund is relatively simple and painless so... once again... I'm not sure where you're coming from.

In any event... if the whole deal seems too good to be true... it probably is

Comment

hmm... new user since Feb-13, and only 3 feedback for selling cheap stickers... usually its a warning when buying high value item for me... and with it being overseas.,..... hmmm... dodgy

Comment

Seems there are plenty gullibles...

20+ bids on one of the Piccolos. Hope they shut the seller down before someone else gets scammed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
                              Do you really think that handing your credit card details over to a questionable seller in China is a '"No Risk" situation'????
                              Yes.
                              The seller would need to have a contract with the Ccard company. Scammers do not have credit card facilities.
                              If the buyer loses out , its pretty solid the CCard company will refund him and deal with the seller.
                              The Credit card companies make their money off the "buyers" mostly, and tend to protect their source of income.
                              PPal make their money from the Sellers, and have a tendency to protect that source of income

Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
                              ....PayPal is FAR better at protecting the buyer than any credit card I know of and getting a refund is relatively simple and painless so... .. once again... I'm not sure where you're coming from.
                              You obviously have a better experience of paypal than me..
                              Try getting that refund once you have received ( and signed for) a slow delivery package that is now more than likely outside the PPal 30 day period .
                              As a first step, PPal and the seller will insist you return the "package" at your cost ( you will have to register and insure it to secure a claim)
                              The seller ( in China) will most likely deny receiving the package, which will require you to then prove its been returned etc
                              Some people wont be prepared to invest more money, or know how to process, that kind of mess and simply give up.

All i am doing is trying to alert potential buyers to steer clear of these scam deals !
                              ..Im surprised you dont see this as an obvious scam...its one of the classic one used for years on different items.

Comment

Working...
                              X