Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Giotto Squeaky steam valve

Hi Guys and girls,

Just was browsing the net to see if there was any info about fixing a squeaky steam valve.

There is no issue with the valve other than a squeak when its opened and closed, no leaking and it doesn't happen all the time but annoying all the same.

I have food grade grease which I use on the brew lever ocassionally which I believe would be suitable, more looking for advice on the process as I wouldn't want to cause any damage in attempting it incorrectly.

Thanks,

InTheCup.

The handle just requires lubrication Chris,

I have sent details in the reply to the PM you sent me.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris.

Have now done. Quieter than new

C Clips are a bit of a $%%^ but got them off and on without a hiccup!

Comment

squeaky noise

could u plz send me a PM as well ??
        Thanks

Roy
        Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
        The handle just requires lubrication Chris,

I have sent details in the reply to the PM you sent me.

Chris

Comment

Remove the chrome cover and then the circlip (carefully). Remove the handle and associated bits, clean the valve thread and then lubricate the thread with food grade silicon lube. Reverse to reassemble.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
            clean the valve thread and then lubricate the thread with food grade silicon lube
            I've actually found a copper-based anti-seize compound works much better in this situation, and stays there longer than food grade grease. When I rebuild taps, O-rings get food grade grease, sliding shafts get food grade grease where exposed to steam, any other metal-to-metal contact, particularly knob threads, gets antiseize. And most new machines benefit from being dismantled to add antiseize right out of the box, since most manufacturers seem to fit very little lubricant (if any) when they assemble machines. I've seen a Giotto that needed new taps in less than a year because the taps had no lube at all, and the threads wore down so much they stopped working completely.

Comment

Further instructions

Originally posted by MorganGT View Post
              I've actually found a copper-based anti-seize compound works much better in this situation, and stays there longer than food grade grease. When I rebuild taps, O-rings get food grade grease, sliding shafts get food grade grease where exposed to steam, any other metal-to-metal contact, particularly knob threads, gets antiseize. And most new machines benefit from being dismantled to add antiseize right out of the box, since most manufacturers seem to fit very little lubricant (if any) when they assemble machines. I've seen a Giotto that needed new taps in less than a year because the taps had no lube at all, and the threads wore down so much they stopped working completely.
              Hi,
              Morgan sounds like you know your stuff! Would you mind sharing a detailed description of the process of lubricating the taps in more detail, would I be bold to ask for some pics? Also what else do you recommend checking on a newish machine. I have an R58 V2, about 8 months old now and the steam tap is allready getting a bit sandy, its definately got lube on it as its coming out a little.I would like to follow your process just main concern is that I dont put the copper anti seize in a place that will go into the steam and then the milk... Also what brand/ product of the copper anti-seize are you recommending?

Many thanks!

Comment

*the water tap is just plain stiff - same process for that also?

** a very old post I see hmmm hope this gets through still!

Comment

Working...
                X