Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S20 3 Grp Pump pressure

Hi,

Have recently fired up my machine, everything appears ok, no leaks or funny noises. Boiler pressure fine and steady, heats up smartish and autofills correctly, however as i pull a shot my pump pressure (left gauge on dual dial) hits 12 bar(ish) and vibrates at this top end.
    Do i have to dial in the correct pressure at the pump in order to compensate for my mains pressure (6 bar) and thereby ending up in the green zone (9ish bar) or should i look elsewhere in the system for a possible restriction.
    I have so far stripped and descaled all pipes and valves leading to one group head but this still reads just as high. Cigar(sic) was blocked but some distilled vinegar did the trick.

It does pull a decent brew with a decent crema but this is of course entirely subjective, please bear in mind that in SW Scotland establishments can and do serve tepid dishwater with depressing regularity and some if not most would argue that a Barista is an instrument for measuring barometric pressure ;-)

All advice will be most gratefully received.

Knd Rgds,

Mick.

Originally posted by mifa View Post

Do i have to dial in the correct pressure at the pump in order to compensate for my mains pressure (6 bar) and thereby ending up in the green zone (9ish bar)
    Yes, the bypass of the pump maintains the difference between inlet pressure and outlet pressure

Comment

Cheers for this, shall correct at pump.

Rgds.

Mick.

Comment

Mick,

If you passed the coffee through your bagpipes it might improve the pressure and flavour.

Also a barista is someone you get to represent you in court.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Duncan View Post
          Also a barista is someone you get to represent you in court.

Barry
          I do hope you're kidding But here in the AU, where the letter "R" is perpetually buggered with, one never can tell.

Comment

Hi Mick,
            I generally suggest to clients to use a line pressure reducer if their line pressure exceeds 4BAR. On pumps with balanced bypass this is less of an issue, but excessive line pressure can cause leaks. You can adjust your overpressure valve to deliver coffee at 9BAR with a line pressure of 6BAR, but having a line pressure reducer to reduce your inlet pressure to 3-4BAR regardless of atual line pressure, will allow you to make a precise OPV adjustment that will remain consistent regardless of actual line pressure fluctuations for a consistent result in the cup at all times. Line pressure reducers are generally available at a price of between $60 and $80USD. Good luck

Comment

Hi all,

Many thanks for the helpful replies, (especially your one Barry ). Shall give a line pressure reducer a try.

Rgds,

Mick.

Comment

Working...
              X