Colloseum by Ambient&espresso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colloseum by Ambient&espresso

Can't decide whether to get a lever or e-61 machine?

Need 2 grinders?

Ambient&spresso have the perfect solution for you. You may need to remodel the kitchen though!

You have to say they are doing things "differently"!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Colosseum by Ambient&spresso.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	578.3 KB
ID:	754894

I hope they plan to ship it with a giant lazy susan to match. Dose, spin spin, pull shot, spin spin spin...

Comment

Whoa
      What a pile of cups you could get on that warmer!

Comment

Now that's coffee in the round!

Comment

Some more happy snaps

Name:	collo1.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	734762Click image for larger version

Name:	collo2.jpg
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	734763Click image for larger version

Name:	collo3.jpg
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	734764Click image for larger version

Name:	collo4.jpg
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	734765Click image for larger version

Name:	collo5.jpg
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	734766

Comment

And again

Name:	collo6.jpg
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	734767Click image for larger version

Name:	collo7.jpg
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	734768

Comment

Hmmm ? looks suspiciously like a set of CGI images !
              does this machine actually exist ? ..or is it just a "virtual " design ?

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                Hmmm ? looks suspiciously like a set of CGI images !
                does this machine actually exist ? ..or is it just a "virtual " design ?
                Why be suspicious about it? Anyone can see that these are obviously computer derived vector graphics and is, therefore, a virtual design. As to your one semi-valid question... "...does this machine actually exist?" ... what do you think? With tiny bean hoppers getting baked all to rat shit by the Fukushima levels of heat coming off the machine, with very short steam wands situated behind the steam taps what do do you honestly think? Seriously!

To me it comes across as a cute but still meaningless graphic arts or design project where someone tried to marry together two of Italy's most revered icons... caffe and Rome's Colliseum
                Last edited by Vinitasse; 1 September 2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Yes- very clearly vector graphics.

Ambient plan to exhibit a prototype at HOST in October. Having seen the attention to detail in the design of some of the other designs they are planning, I have little doubt that they will have considered heat. As always, more detail when I get the ok to release it.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                    Ambient plan to exhibit a prototype at HOST in October.
                    Prototype..or mock up ?
                    This type of machine would presumably be a custom build, commissioned for a specific customer.
                    Few outlets would be able to install and utilize such a beast ad hock !

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                      Prototype..or mock up ?
                      This type of machine would presumably be a custom build, commissioned for a specific customer.
                      Few outlets would be able to install and utilize such a beast ad hock !
                      They say prototype.

In a custom built in the round workspace, it would be sure be a crowd puller.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post

Ambient plan to exhibit a prototype at HOST in October. Having seen the attention to detail in the design of some of the other designs they are planning, I have little doubt that they will have considered heat. As always, more detail when I get the ok to release it.

Chris
                        Hey Chris... no offense meant by my comments. Was simply exasperated by the usual "stupid is as stupid does" (to quote Forrest Gump) line of questioning. I, for one, can clearly see that this is a design in progress and do look forward to seeing the end result.

Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
                          Hey Chris... no offense meant by my comments. Was simply exasperated by the usual "stupid is as stupid does" (to quote Forrest Gump) line of questioning. I, for one, can clearly see that this is a design in progress and do look forward to seeing the end result.

Keep us posted
                          And none taken Vinitasse ;-)

I too am very curious to see what will become of these renderings. I plan to take plenty of happy snaps while I'm over there and will post up whenever I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
                            ... Was simply exasperated by the usual "stupid is as stupid does" (to quote Forrest Gump) line of questioning.
                            ??..Since when did asking "does this machine actually exist ?" ..become a stupid question ?

My question stems from the endless stream of CGI visualized "3D ideas" ( not necessarily coffee kit) such as those frequently seen on "kickstarter", dreamed up by keyboard jockeys who have no comprehension of how to actually produce a hardware product let alone the commercial reality of market acceptance.

I will be intrigued to see if this actually ever becomes a finished product.

Comment

Just to enlighten a touch here, the keyboard jockey is none other than the guy that dreamed up the Izzo portfolio of machines. He was also their export manager- now doing his own thing.

I'd reckon his comprehension of hardware product and commercial reality is actually better than many here.

Without even thinking too much about this, I reckon the Asian market would go nuts for it.
                              Last edited by TC; 3 September 2013, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X