Izzo Alex Leva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your input. Yes, it was an exact replacement but both seemed too large to easily fit into the piston chamber. It took a lot of manipulation to get it in the right place and I bent the new one but got the old one back. I was hoping there may be some trick to wiggle it in place. I do have the clip pliers which without would be an impossible task.
    BTW, what type of doctor are you? I'm a physician in Boston.
    Best,
    Rick

Comment

• Hi Rick,
      The replacements I have bought here from CoffeeParts (who are excellent), fit easily. I wonder if you have been sold an incorrect size?
      I'll reply with pm also
      Regards
      Dave

Comment

• I really like the IMS variant for this machine. Way better and much easier to fit too. I have seen some pretty tight original ones.

Comment

• Good to know! I have one on back-order now. Thanks!

Comment

• Hi all, I have tried unsuccessfully to attach a photo from my laptop so attempting from phone
            Steam wand converted to joy stick
            I’m very happy With the result
            regards
            Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

• That's exactly what I want for mine Dave. Any chance you could list the exact list of parts required??
              Cheers,
              Doug

Comment

• Hi Doug, The taps are genuine Izzo and came from Antony at Casa Espresso (site sponsor), however neither of us realised that the thread size is different for the Leva, so I asked my engineer friend to fit mine. It involved a spacer, I am not sure if anything else was needed however I don't think so as he said it was an easy job.
                Just ensure that you get the steam tap that locks down as there are two types. Doing so means you have a free hand
                Some people on this site don't like them, but I am very happy that I changed mine and have no regrets. Id do it again
                Good luck
                Dave

Comment

• Dr Dave, Looks good. You can't even see the adaptors in the photos. Neat job.

Comment

• Just a shout out and Thank You to a sponsor here, Antony at Casa Espresso. I was lucky enough to order a Valexia Lever from Antony and the service was excellent, couldn't ask for more. I ordered before Covid so had a delay of neither of our choosing in the middle, but Antony kept me informed and got the machine shipped quickly to me (shipped Thursday delivered Saturday in Sydney).

Great service all around.

Comment

• Lovely machine mate...

Mal.

Comment

• Mal couldn't be happier, it is everything said about it in this thread. Great coffee and you really feel like you are making the coffee, even though the only thing extra is pulling the lever. Genuinely hooked on the analogue nature of it. Like the look of the Valexia too, slight nod back to older levers when looking good was a standard part of the package. Of course, maybe my covid enforced wait made the heart grow fonder due to absence and I am just looking through rose tinted glasses!

Comment

• A couple of quick ones
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	valexialeva1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	833192

Name:	valexialeva2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	833193

Name:	valexialeva3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	833194

I think I actually should be using a polarising filter to take photos of such a shiny surface - and clean my fingerprints off the drip tray!

Comment

• lemoo
                          lemoo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          please tag NSFW hahahah
                          on a side note, what is the main difference between the standard alex vs the valexia?

• Hi Lemoo, thanks. The difference is the side and rear panels, instead of being flat panels they splay out to make the machine V shaped, just a change from the basic box look of many machines. Still not a 1950 Gaggia lever but I just preferred something a little different than the basic cube. Would have preferred a 1 group Izzo Valchira as they have a more exaggerated V and commercial look, but $10k versus $5k for similar insides made my decision. The extra (about $300) for a Valexia over an Alex seemed very little for something I intend to keep for a long time and brings a smile every time I look at it.

Comment

• Looks absolutely beautiful mate, sitting there in your kitchen....
                          In the parlance of Mick Dundee - "That's an Espresso Machine."

Mal.

Comment

• Looks Lovely,
                            I have one which is now six years old and still running perfectly. I can't see any reason to change it.
                            Enjoy it
                            Cheers
                            Dave

Comment

338 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Dave, your comments in this thread were very helpful in making the decision. Thank you!
                          Working...
                          X