X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely. Have to throw these up. Look at mine
    Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great Luke especially with the levers. Is this a keeper? Remember you have moved a few machines on, even had a Decent for a minute, or were they work related?

Comment

• This is a keeper for sure. I love to play and swap and change machines but I’ve been lusting after an Alex leva for years & years but never had the opportunity to plumb one in until I built my micro roastery. Now that rick has added toggles to it for me I’m even happier with it. Not to say there won’t be others along the way I’m sure I’ve got a crem one profiler on the bench inside the house at the moment too!

Comment

• I have been contemplating between the LM GS3 MP and Dalla Corte Mina and finally, to my own surprise, am almost ready to order the Alex Leva. Can someone recommend a reliable distributor in NSW? It looks like no one has it in stock at the moment. Thanks!

Comment

• Andy Gr, great choice, I honestly couldn't be happier with mine. Ring Antony at Casa Espresso 03 9530 8992 he is an absolute gentleman and the importer. He will be able to advise a NSW retailer or supply one himself. I am sure you will have a huge smile once it arrives. I did have a Covid related wait for mine - a Valexia - but hopefully Alex Leva are ex stock. Good luck!

Edit PS What was the price of a Dalla Corte Mini in Australia?
            Last edited by 338; 3 August 2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Casa Espresso
              >Casa Espresso commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the referral.

We have directed him to one that is in stock.

Cheers

Antony

• Originally posted by 338 View Post
            What was the price of a Dalla Corte Mini in Australia?
            I meant Mina, the one with flow control, - not Mini. I've managed to find one ex-demo for $9K + GST. Otherwise, the delivery time from Italy is 3 months and the price $12,500 + GST.

Comment

• I was thinking they must be at least $10k, they Alex Leva seems modest in cost by comparison

At least if you ever change to the Dalla Corte your Alex Leva tampers will fit
              Last edited by 338; 3 August 2020, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Could someone please shed light on this - is it easy to remove the ballast weights? I am thinking to remove them ind install back after lifting the machine on the bench. I am not sure my back can handle 47kg lifting it alone

Comment

• I am not sure Andy but probably easiest to knock on your neighbours door and borrow them for 5 minutes, than remove covers. I just put mine on the bench a month ago, heavy but not impossible. I did have the handle, drip tray, drying tray and portafilter removed!

Comment

• Originally posted by 338 View Post
                    I am not sure Andy but probably easiest to knock on your neighbours door and borrow them for 5 minutes, than remove covers. I just put mine on the bench a month ago, heavy but not impossible. I did have the handle, drip tray, drying tray and portafilter removed!
                    Thank you. A quick question as I cannot figure it out from the specs - does it come with a no-burn steam wand? If yes, is it Teflon-insulated or double walls?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyGr View Post

Thank you. A quick question as I cannot figure it out from the specs - does it come with a no-burn steam wand? If yes, is it Teflon-insulated or double walls?
                      Yes the Alex leva has a Teflon insulated cool touch steam wand

cheers

Antony

Comment

• Originally posted by Casa Espresso View Post

Yes the Alex leva has a Teflon insulated cool touch steam wand
                        Thanks Antony. Does the Leva come with a copper boiler or ss? I am almost sure it should be a copper boiler, but could not find it in the specs. If it is a ss boiler, I will need the Brita Purity Finest line. If copper, probably Brita Purity Quell will be a better choice. Any thoughts on the filter selection Finest vs Quell?

Cheers,
                        Andy

Comment

• Casa Espresso
                          >Casa Espresso commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Copper boiler Andy.
                          Sydney metro water quality is good, so with good care you should have a very long life from this machine. The "Finest" series is seen as better for stainless so implies maybe the Quell is better for copper.

Cheers
                          Antony

• Caffeinator
                          Caffeinator commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The Alex Leva has a massive copper boiler. The Finest is a buffering filter and it's better for stainless boilers in that when you soften water, you can acidify it where the local water is hard.

The Quell doesn't buffer but with the level of softening required (in general) for Sydney water, you don't really need to buffer with copper boilers. The Quell can lie down if need be, but the Finest must stand.

I'd still choose the finest if I had SS, but with copper, it's really no biggie.

• Thank you, Anthony and Caffeinator. I have been trying to figure out the difference between the Brita Finest and Quell and, in brief, it could be summarized as follows:
                        1. The Brita Finest series use conventional sodium exchange softeners. They drop the hardness level, depending on the bypass settings, but keep the alkalinity level intact. A high alkalinity level is not good for espresso. On the other hand, high alkalinity prevents scaling on ss boilers - that's why they recommend it for ss boilers.
                        2. The Quell ST series are decarbonizing filters, which drop both the hardness and alkalinity to the same degree, controlled by the bypass settings. So, depending on your local water analysis, it could result in a perfect espresso or taste too acidic.
                        In my area, we have pH around 8 and hardness 52-66 mg CaCO3/L (9.8 German Degrees). The Quell St should work better than the Finest, because we need to drop the pH level a bit. I will play with the bypass settings tomorrow to see how it affects filtered water taste. Based on the Brita's tables it should be 40-50.
                        Last edited by AndyGr; 7 August 2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• I have just received my brand new Izzo Valexia and am trying to get it work. The machine is totally dead - when I switch it on, nothing happens. Obviously, I plumbed it via the Brita filter with the 350kpa flow restrictor, the water pressure should not be an issue.

Am I missing something obvious?

Comment

• Caffeinator
                            Caffeinator commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Assuming you have actually switched it on, it may be that your vendor didn't bother running a bench test on your machine.....

• Casa Espresso
                            >Casa Espresso commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Definitely bench tested. I have personally contacted the vendor as well as speaking to Andy.
                            Machine ran up fine last week before shipping.
                            The vendor has been in contact with Andy as have I.
                            Sometimes things go wrong, for what ever reason that may be.
                            Its knowing the back up is there if something does happen.
                            Cheers
                            Antony

• I would ring the vendor as they have more experience and would be more timely . Did you switch on the red switch underneath on the right hand side?

Comment

Working...
                          X