Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faema S1/La Cimbali Jr tanked converted to plumbed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faema S1/La Cimbali Jr tanked converted to plumbed?

Hi,
    Have been reading through reviews and trying to refine my choice of a HX coffee machine purchase (Expobar Leva, La Cimbali/Faema, Wega Mini Nova, giotto etc- my old FAEMA Family has died) and wanting to confirm if any of the tank versions (non plumbed) can be retrofitted to a plumbed-in version by means of tapping a drain plug in drip tray, override autofill solenoid to boiler and hooking in a feed line. I have read a few comments that vibratory (Ulka) pumps don't like positive pressure and thats why most plumbed in machines have rotary pumps. Is this the case? Or will it be just a gradual death tot eh pump? Or can you just include a pressure regulator on the feed in line?
    Another point is that are some machines easier to work on to make this modification without destroying the overall look of the machine?

Many thanks and interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Eddie

Why not get an A1 model and then you have the option of tank/plumb as standard?

Cheers

Comment

Hi Eddie
      I just got a Faema Family and in need of some parts. Are you keen to pass your dead Family on?
      I'm in Melbourne
      Thanks
      Andre

Comment

Originally posted by ajd View Post
        Hi Eddie
        I just got a Faema Family and in need of some parts. Are you keen to pass your dead Family on?
        I'm in Melbourne
        Thanks
        Andre
        Oh, dear.

Comment

umm... rephrase... dead Faema Family machine.
          :-)
          and apologies if this is not the right forum for my request...

Comment

Sorry ajd. Couldn't pass up on a deliberate misinterpretation!!

Comment

Rather than attempting a retrofit, buy a machine which suits your requirements.

We have the dubious pleasure of too frequently being asked to "pick up the pieces" in an attempt to get butchered machines to work properly. Once modified, they are often less valuable and sometimes pretty much worthless. I have seen some wonderful machines ruined.

Not many buy a front wheel drive car intending to convert it to 4WD. It's the same concept.

Comment

Where abouts are you located ?

Cheers

Comment

Black Rock, 3193, Victoria.

Actually, the main bit I need is the steam wand (and thought the other bits of the machine might come in handy).

And rather than 'butchering' the machine with non-original parts - I'm keen to use original FAEMA Family parts if possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X