Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synesso - any signs of a domestic/prosumer machine?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Synesso - any signs of a domestic/prosumer machine?

    Hi all,

    I'm new to this forum but am keen to hear from anyone who may know whether Synesso has future plans to release a domestic/prosumer machine? I've owned an Isomac La Mondiale and Mazzer Mini for 6-7 years and would like to upgrade some time in the near future. A single group Hydra is about 10K which is is a big jump so it would be nice if Synesso released something in the 4-6K range.

    Any comments would be most welcome.

    Daniel

  • #2
    I would be doubtful of them making such a big step. A GS-3 is roughly in your price range and will give you a similar set of features.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi dickydan and welcome to CS!!

      If you mean do they make a 1 group? Yes they do.

      Up there in price with KvdW Speedster and the new Slayer 1 group.

      https://www.google.com.au/search?q=s...w=1546&bih=863

      Prosumer........ I doubt they would ever bother!! Alex Leva or Ambient Vesuvius or GS3 would be my shortlist in you're price range. No particular order. ;-)

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the recommendations. I am aware of their group 1 Hydra unit, I just didn't want to jump to as much 10K which I understand is what it costs. Was hoping they might introduce an entry level model into their line up.

        Love their functionality and of course, minimalistic design.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dickydan View Post
          Thanks for the recommendations. I am aware of their group 1 Hydra unit, I just didn't want to jump to as much 10K which I understand is what it costs. Was hoping they might introduce an entry level model into their line up.

          Love their functionality and of course, minimalistic design.
          How do you imagine they could knock $4-6K off of what they ask for their commercial 1 Grouper while still being able to put out a machine in keeping with their brand image and hard earned brand equity? Sounds like an unreasonable expectation to me.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not in anyway suggesting (or expecting) they should merely knock off 4-6K off the price of their commercial unit - the last thing they would want to do is produce an inferior and potentially commoditised product line. This was merely a question to see whether anyone was aware of the possibility of Synesso producing a quality high-end machine for domestic use that would be under 10K.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
              How do you imagine they could knock $4-6K off of what they ask for their commercial 1 Grouper while still being able to put out a machine in keeping with their brand image and hard earned brand equity? Sounds like an unreasonable expectation to me.
              Porsche managed to do that very well with the boxster.

              Or sticking with espresso machines, isn't that what La Marzocco did with the GS/3? Granted the price difference between the GS/3 and Linea 1 group is a little less than $4k, but they still managed to develop a cheaper home-suitable machine without betraying their quality standards.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jonathon View Post
                Porsche managed to do that very well with the boxster.
                Not sure I've ever met anyone who expressed a very high opinion of the Boxster...

                I can see it now "Oh, you bought the Synesso Exspresso... You know that's not a real Synesso, don't you?"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MrJack View Post
                  Not sure I've ever met anyone who expressed a very high opinion of the Boxster...

                  I can see it now "Oh, you bought the Synesso Exspresso... You know that's not a real Synesso, don't you?"
                  I've never heard anybody say a GS/3 isn't a real La Marzocco?

                  And arguably a regular boxster is closer to the base 911 carrera than the carrera is to either the GT3 or Turbo.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MrJack View Post
                    Not sure I've ever met anyone who expressed a very high opinion of the Boxster..."
                    You must be mixing with the Ferrari owing crowd !
                    Conclusion from Drive magazine review..
                    ..It's difficult to think of a more engaging all-round sports car than the Boxster - and nothing touches it for the money.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Evo magazine had a similar blurb.

                      Of course if you're someone who's never actually driven a boxster and 911, then you really can't comment...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                        You must be mixing with the Ferrari owing crowd !
                        Conclusion from Drive magazine review..
                        The Cayman... which happens to be the coupe version of the Boxster... remains the only car ever given 10 out of 10 by Top Gear AU magazine. But... having said that... I'll still stick to my guns vis-a-vis a cut price prosumer Slayer. Just because you want one, doesn't mean it is necessarily reasonable to expect them them to dumb things down to suit your budget. I'm pretty sure the people at Slayer do not happen to think the world revolves around you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow, an attempt at a bit of humour at the expense of the "poor man's Porsche" and it gets all serious. Some kind of inferiority complex perhaps?

                          Edit: Strangely enough, I walked past a new one on my way home tonight (in a spot usually featuring a Lambo or Ferrari. Looks a lot less like an MX-5 these days.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have no expectations, it was a simple question for the forum. Next time I'll ensure I caveat every aspect to a question I ask before I ask it otherwise it seems like it will result in some thinking that the world revolves around me. Precious-much...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Another cordial first impression thread...

                              Out of interest, is anyone able to explain where the fat's been trimmed in the GS/3 as opposed to a commercial single-group? Is it just a matter of smaller back-to-back capacity, or what?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X