Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading my Izzo Duetto II but where do I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my Izzo Duetto II but where do I go?

Hi Guys long time member but never really posted so please be nice.
    I have a Duetto II which I love but there is always something better on the horizon..
    Its my birthday today so my wife said take your pick... (Holy Sh###)
    You don't pass on an offer like that....
    SO where too..?
    Yes I have been watching the Slayer single group and even touched one.
    However it felt like the holy grail and should only handled by a few.. (That and it costs $13K)..
    I am fond of a café latte so lots of dry steam is important..
    Sincerely
    Wayne

Welcome back to CS Wayne...

Duetto III, GS/3, Vesuvius? For milky coffee though, even dual boilers is overkill. You probably won't need pressure profiled shots under milk

I'm loving the levers at the moment (it's a 3 year affair so far). Come have a play with the Alex Leva as well. Amazing machine and unlimited steam per favour of the 5L boiler.

Happy dilemmas! Don't think you'll have too many problems finding a buyer for the Duetto...

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris,
      Seems I'm getting value from our conversation earlier today..
      Sorry I forgot to didn't mention the wife had given the go ahead on the new machine.
      When I get to 5 Posts I can post a threat on the machines for sale..
      I think that's what the rules are?
      I have kept away from posting due to the nasty reply's that always seem to follow any thread!
      Wayne

Comment

The Vesuvius sure sounds amazing but I won't put in the effort to perfect that difficult pressure profiling..

Comment

Originally posted by wquirk View Post
          I have kept away from posting due to the nasty reply's that always seem to follow any thread!
          Worry not- that's just upgraditis envy

The Vesuvius sure sounds amazing but I won't put in the effort to perfect that difficult pressure profiling..
          For that, you get profile #5- flat at whatever bar (9?) you'd like...for those days when you just want a shot...

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris,
            Seems I'm getting value from our conversation earlier today..
            Sorry I forgot to didn't mention the wife had given the go ahead on the new machine.
            When I get to 5 Posts I can post a threat on the machines for sale..
            I think that's what the rules are?
            Pretty sure you can't post threats no matter how long you've been here

Comment

Its my birthday today so my wife said take your pick... (Holy Sh###)
              You don't pass on an offer like that....
              SO where too..?
              Single groups are sssooooo 20th Century. Why not move the game up into the 21st Century?

She did say you could have your pick after-all!

Java " " phile
              Last edited by Javaphile; 23 July 2014, 05:21 AM. Reason: better links
              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Hi WQ,
                I upgraded from a Duetto 2 to an Alex Leva from Chris - couldn't be happier and won't upgrade for a while
                Cheers
                Dr Dave

Comment

However it felt like the holy grail and should only handled by a few.. (That and it costs $13K)..
                  I am fond of a café latte so lots of dry steam is important..
                  Sincerely
                  Wayne
                  Nice problem! ;-)

Speedster is less than a Slayer .... so it should be a shoe in!! ;-)

Comment

Go the slayer amazing piece of kit.

Will finally have mine up and working tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Dave View Post
                      Alex Leva from Chris - couldn't be happier and won't upgrade for a while
                      Cheers
                      Dr Dave
                      Love the qualifier! ...... "for a while"!! ;-)

Comment

Thanks guys..
                        I admit I love the shots from the Alex Leva also. Was just perfect with the least amount of input by the barrister. Not that Im lazy but I have people to do that for me right......?
                        The Leva won't come close to fitting in under my Kitchen cupboards.
                        Cosmic_couple22 I'm interested in your review of the slayer if the single is what you're talking about?.
                        PS Javaphile you have too much space for me to compete. A 3 Group would be great if I move my family out. Or they might move me out..
                        Please don't give up on me now I'm still reading and reviewing your ideas..
                        Thanks
                        Wayne

Comment

Have been a little slack on responding as I've been out on birthday dinner..
                          I've just enough time to see how much credit I have left with the missus..........

Comment

Hi Wayne

Mine is a new two group, apart from the interface they still contain all the same mechanics. I spent a lot of time playing with the Slayers at MICE (coffee Expo) this year and compared them to a lot of top end machines including levers. The simplicity and clever design won me over, if you enjoy the "art" of crafting a coffee then there is nothing that can touch it on the market (I've got broad shoulders shoot me down for that comment but I will stand by it) However if you want to push a button or pull a lever and let the machine do the thinking offering more forgiveness then you need to look elsewhere.

Chester

Comment

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
                              Love the qualifier! ...... "for a while"!! ;-)
                              Maybe I should have said "for a long while"! However I said that after I bought the Duetto 2! :-) - Its a brilliant machine
                              Good luck with the search
                              Cheers
                              Last edited by Dr_Dave; 23 July 2014, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X