New Izzo Alex Leva owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Izzo Alex Leva owner

Finally put some money down on the Izzo Alex Leva I've been lusting after for most of the year.

Chris from Talk Coffee has shown me this beauty in the past, and the coffee coming out of this lever group is just stunning. Unfortunately I can't take delivery until early next year when we move into the new house, but the butler's pantry already has in-cabinet plumbing ready to go. Just need to hook up a filter, small hole at the back of the stone bench top and we'll be ready to roll. Hg-one grinder is well and truly broken in and awaiting the step up from the Breville dual boiler I've been using for the past three years. Pics when everything in its rightful place.

Very nice, jealous....

Comment

congrats Mark

got to love those butlers pantries and been able to do such things like this.

Cant wait to see pics of this and the BUNKER

Comment

Congrats Mark. I know you'll love the new gear!

For any members contemplating Izzo gear, see our CS sponsor post. We have a few Alex Leva and Alex Duetto remaining and the extra discount is our Christmas gift to you! It's a CS exclusive. We'll extend this offer to close of trade next Saturday (earlier if sold).

Chris

Comment

New Izzo Alex Leva owner

And here it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424734230.149174.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	738532

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424734242.578265.jpg
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	738533

Couple of nice shots and a few chokers. Will take a bit of time for consistency. Struggling a bit with the sheer power of the steam output after the gentle Breville dual boiler - not getting great microfoam yet. Going to take some practice.
          Last edited by MarkZammit; 24 February 2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkZammit View Post
            And here it is.

[ATTACH]8868[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8869[/ATTACH]

Couple of nice shots and a few chokers. Will take a bit of time for consistency. Struggling a bit with the sheer power of the steam output after the gentle Breville dual boiler - not getting great microfoam yet. Going to take some practice.
            Looks awesome Mark!

Remind me next time you're planning to pop in and I'll have you all fixed in 5 min.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris. I'm sure I'll start producing shots like you in no time.

Comment

Looks great Mark

guess i'll have to come around to sample the coffee and the other favorite hobby of ours

Comment

Absolutely mate. Bit sparse on the other hobby front equipment wise, but Stuart is on the job!

Comment

New Izzo Alex Leva owner

Day two and significant improvements already. Have my grinder dialled in better and have dropped dose a touch. Radical change to my steaming technique has produced much better microfoam, though with room for improvement.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424816544.572337.jpg
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	738536

Comment

Nice buy! That's certainly on my list too. Haven't stopped thinking about it ever since Chris poured me a cup in his showrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by leontoh View Post
                        Nice buy! That's certainly on my list too. Haven't stopped thinking about it ever since Chris poured me a cup in his showrooms.
                        Maybe it's time Leon? http://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/3...tml#post552371

Comment

Lol, Chris you devil!

Comment

Stop thinking Leon, just do it. It's a brilliant machine, and I'm getting consistency more quickly than I thought I would. That package with the Macap grinder is very sharply priced too.

Comment

I want to but I've got to pace myself. I'm curious, looks like you have a HgOne. Do you prefer that over the Macap grinder?

Comment

Working...
                              X