Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Cimbali M52

Good morning all,

I have just received a La Cimbali M52 that is not working and I am going to try get it back up and running.

Does anyone have a service manual for this machine? with wiring diagrams etc?

I have opened it up and have found two wires that have been cut possibly from someone pushing the back cover down on them and I am hoping this is all that's wrong with it fingers crossed!

If you can find more than this manual post it up!

Java "Yay for manuals!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Yeah that's the one I downloaded from here this morning, it looks highly doubtful as I cant find much information anywhere.

If I find anything ill be sure to post it

Comment

Promising signs, I took the covers off and there was a wire which was cut from what looks to be someone forcing the cover on. Soldered it back together and the machine powers up! Is there anyway I can test it without hooking it up to a constant water supply?

Comment

It should be able to pull water from a jug/bucket for testing.

Java "Have fun dialing it in!" phile

Comment

Thanks, I received some parts diagrams and another manual but the manual is for the M52 station if you want me to post them somehow

Comment

Respond to this post. Then you can post the files here: Documentation - Extreme Machines

Java "The more manuals the better!" phile

Comment

Respond as in write here then just start a new topic in the documentation thread or add it to the other m52 doc thread?

Comment

Start a new thread and if needed I'll combine them.

Java " " phile

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                    Start a new thread and if needed I'll combine them.

Java " " phile
                    All uploaded now, thanks.

Comment

Nice docs. I've combined the two M52 threads and edited the title to reflect the additional docs.

Java "More late night reading!" phile

Comment

So I managed to free up the rotary pump and the boiler is filling but now I get the error group stopped 10 anyone know what to do about this? Looks l8kectge group is turning slowly

Comment

First thing I'd look for is anything interfering with the mechanism with the next thought being dirt and/or corrosion fouling it.

May I ask what your intentions are for this machine if/when it's working? For a number of reasons these machines work best in high use environments and for a snob would be horrible in pretty much any setting.

Java "Dolcevita" phile

Comment

I basically got this machine as a bit of a project to tinker around with. I have no intentions to use it at home as it is way too big, I was thinking I could get it up and running and then sell it to fund a better home espresso machine.
                            What would a good condition M52 fetch on the market if I get it up and running?

Comment

There are several variations of the M52. All of them that I've seen require 2 different proprietary electronic 'keys' in order to have full access to all of their diagnostic and programming features. The last time I priced the keys I was quoted $USD1,000 for the two of them. Which is about what I've seen many of these machines sell for in working condition. In spotless as-new condition, with the keys and a warranty I've seen them go as high as three to five thousand USD.

Java "Fun with toys" phile

Comment

Working...
                              X