La Cimbali M30 Bistro 2 HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Cimbali M30 Bistro 2 HELP!!!!

All right well it was about time that I found myself something to pull me out of the instant coffee darkness, having made coffee in large volumes for over a decade, its a bit embarrassing offering the ole hou-se guests a spoonful of death to wet their lips rather than an expertly crafted masterpiece, so anyway after a bit of hunting and some good ole TradeMe skill I managed to secure a Cimbali Bistro 2 for a grand total of $6, yep 6 bucks. Overall machine is in good condition, reasonably tidy, not to much built up crud, but like a lot of Cimbali's of this age, the Button Membrane was buggered, and actually not there when I picked it up. So I'm stuck with a bit of a delimma, I can do 1 of 3 things, turn it into a Manual Machine, replace the Logic Board with a small PLC, or come on here and see if anyone can help me out with the pinouts on the logic board. So here we go, below is a link to a pic of the board, and I'm guessing that you have to connect a combo of resistor pins with diode pins to ascertain whether its group 1 single shot etc, so yeah any help on this would be grand, an electrical schematic of the DT/2 board would be even better.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...li%20board.jpg

Well the coffee gods have shined down from above in the form of a wiring schematic of the internals, all thanks to La Cimbali US, my guess work was correct, the 5 resistors do correspond to the individual buttons and the 5 diodes to the groups and H20, with group 1 starting from the resistor end of the diodes, so time to get to work and mod this baby up.

Comment

Originally posted by bcninja View Post
      Well the coffee gods have shined down from above in the form of a wiring schematic of the internals, all thanks to La Cimbali US...
      A great doc to add to the growing collection in the Documentation - Extreme Machines section.

Java "The more the merrier!" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Will do, as these machines are fairly ancient and most suffered the same problematic issues with the button membranes, and the logic board is common with a lot of Cimbali's from that era. First on the cards for the machine is a descale, I don't really want to do a whole strip down at the moment if I don't have to, as local pars support could be an issue, so I think I'll give it the ole once over, give it a descale and then go from there.

Comment

Working...
        X