La Marzocco Strada EP 1 group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Marzocco Strada EP 1 group

Apparently there will be a single group version of the La Marzocco Strada EP. It has a water reservoir with a plum-in option, and it would be interesting whether they use a gear pump as per the multiple groups.

Link: https://www.home-barista.com/espress...ng-t36826.html

Perhaps it's La Marzocco's "version" of the Slayer single group. I would assume that they would showcase this machine at HOST in Milan.

That's very cool.

I wonder whats the RRP going to be........
    Assuming Slayer territory which is just that bit too much to justify for home use.

Comment

I cant wait to see this in production. I too wonder what the RRP. Either way I guess Ill be saving my pennies for a new upgrade!

Comment

I know a man with the smarts to make a pressure profiling GS/3...

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
          I know a man with the smarts to make a pressure profiling GS/3...
          Very different...that's a Strada MP-esq mod where this is more like a Vesuvius (gear pump controlled)

Comment

Originally posted by thebookfreak58 View Post
            Very different...that's a Strada MP-esq mod where this is more like a Vesuvius (gear pump controlled)
            No not quite. It's not very hard to get your hands on a geared pump, wire in a control knob to adjust the pressure manually. All you need to do is take the rotary pump out and mount the new pump in or easier have it external to the machine under the bench. The only difference is the pressure is manually adjusted where this and the Vesuvius are profiled so it follows a pre set range

Comment

Originally posted by brendogs View Post
              No not quite. It's not very hard to get your hands on a geared pump, wire in a control knob to adjust the pressure manually. All you need to do is take the rotary pump out and mount the new pump in or easier have it external to the machine under the bench. The only difference is the pressure is manually adjusted where this and the Vesuvius are profiled so it follows a pre set range
              Yep that's also correct/true. That's more generic (ie. can be done to any machine) rather than anything GS/3 specific (changing MP parts to Strada MP parts to control pressure manually)

Comment

Originally posted by thebookfreak58 View Post
                Yep that's also correct/true. That's more generic (ie. can be done to any machine) rather than anything GS/3 specific (changing MP parts to Strada MP parts to control pressure manually)
                Erm- yes and no...An MP does not allow for pressure profiling... Much more in the way of smarts are required to make a GS3 EP....

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                  Erm- yes and no...An MP does not allow for pressure profiling... Much more in the way of smarts are required to make a GS3 EP....
                  Then I'm very keen to hear more!

Comment

Anyway, don't expect this to be priced for the home or domestic market. I would imagine their target market will be for commercial purposes so expect it to be closer to $10k+ range.

It would be awesome to see, to be honest I don't know why they wouldn't release every model in the range with a single group option like they have with the Linea. When you're an international leader in the coffee industry there shouldn't be any worry for tooling up to manufacture every possible option for their dedicated legions of die hard fans.

Comment

Well, the brand is not an "international leader" and overall numbers compared to others making good name conventional type machines, are small.

It is very much a localised marketing phenomenon depending where anyone is...

So it doesn't pay them to produce some models in numbers, where they may well be unlikely to sell....afraid there really aren't "dedicated legions of die hard fans" to sell to, just a small number of people who are vocal in internet circles, many of whom are happy to talk up the brand and its models despite that they will never actually spend the money to buy.

Comment

Yeah true but the way I see it is a single group version is going to use all the same parts as its 2 or 3 group counterparts.

Same group heads, same computers, same pumps etc etc. The only difference being the boilers lengths which would just be cut down and have the end plates welded on the smaller variations.

I know I'm being very vague with this but you get my drift. I just think they should have tooled up from the start to release a 1, 2 and 3 group version from release date that's all.

I don't really care TBH I love my GS3 too much to even look at other options if I ever get bored with it I will do the geared pump mod to it. I've seen you can script an Arduino control board to save a pressure profile which might be a fun little project.

Comment

A few pics from attendees of Milan HOST. It looks fairly large so it may have reasonable size boilers.

https://instagram.com/p/9L23pejQm_/

https://instagram.com/p/9LpmQKGu-f/

I like it!
                          Last edited by tucrazy; 24 October 2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tucrazy View Post
                            It looks fairly large ...
                            Yeah if that's a GS3 in the background of the first pic it certainly does look large.

Comment

Yes, I think it is a GS3 next to it.

Edit: Confirmed - see link

https://instagram.com/p/9NtrmcGeZE/
                              Last edited by tucrazy; 24 October 2015, 10:23 PM. Reason: Confirmed

Comment

Working...
                              X