X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faema E98/S-1

Hi Guys,

I recently won this machine as a prize however I don't drink coffee

Can anyone please give me an indication of a fair price for this machine new?

I'm in Melbourne
    Last edited by saitken; 25 September 2015, 12:55 PM.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...ap-coffee.html

Comment

So whats it worth?

Comment

What? You won a Faema E98? You lucky bastard. Google should tell you what these go for new. As far as selling a new machine privately its worth whatever people are prepared to pay for it. I don't think there's a rule against it but members are generally reluctant to give price indications on equipment on the forum. There's a variety of reasons, but the simplest one is that they don't want to get it wrong or pre-empt an impending sale. That being said I don't think you'll have a problem selling it, and for a reasonable amount.

Comment

Yeah I won it today, its a shame I don't drink coffee or have space for such a machine.

I've seen other Member's sell machines on here so I was hoping I'd get an indication.

Google says $2k new but I don't really know about the interest coffee machines

Can I sell the machine on this forum?

Comment

New they cost well over $2k, I think. Harder to price now because you don't see them retail these days. If it comes with warranty and two group handles etc I'd ask for about $2k ono. What response you get I don't know.

They're not beautiful but they're well spec-ed and capable (despite the thread title in the link above). There's plenty of Faema enthusiasts around.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to check on Wednesday when I pick it up about the group handles (hopefully it shows on the box cause I'd rather not open it)

As for warranty I really don't know as its a prize but I'd imagine it still has one

I'm not sure where the best place to advertise it would be

Comment

Normally I'd say right here on CS but the Faema is a bit on the commercial side. Nonetheless CS would be a good place to start.

Comment

Thanks heaps for the infor.

All I got told is that its a Faema E98-1 Espresso Machine RRP $2000

Once I pick it up ill list it on CS and hopefully get a response

Comment

Originally posted by saitken View Post

Once I pick it up ill list it on CS
                    Have fun. Just one fly in the ointment, http://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-har...icy-rules.html - need to have been a member for two weeks

Comment

Hi All,

Sorry I'm a newbie but what is CS?

Regards,
                      Art

Comment

Originally posted by wongfamily View Post
                        Sorry I'm a newbie but what is CS?
                        G'day Art...

CoffeeSnobs mate...

Mal.

Comment

I bought a 2nd hand in good working but not perfect cosmetic condition with a tamper and basket for $1500 on here a couple of years ago if that helps. Still makes a great coffee.

Comment

"...if that helps"

Possibly not - I think saitken has already sold and is probably gone from this forum for some time...

Comment

Working...
                            X