Need Brass Nut for pipe fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Brass Nut for pipe fitting

Hi all, I have a copper tube from the boiler to the flow meter on my FAEMA Due that has a split nut on the boiler end. I had tightened it too much...

I cant see the fitting on Coffeeparts. I am happy to cut the copper and re-flare the tube and just use a new brass nut.

I will try Pedro on Monday but anyone have any ideas for a nut?

Cheers

If i search for Nut on Coffeeparts there are pages of hits including brass ones....he should have mine there somewhere.

Cheers

Comment

Have you tried the plumbing section of Bunnings? They seem to have heaps of that kinds of stuff. Not sure if they'll have the size you need though.

Comment

I have from Coffeeparts ordered a 3/8th BSP suitable nut that looks ok. I havent tried Bunnings...not sure if they run as small as 3/8th.

Cheers
        Last edited by ozscott; 24 December 2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Alternatively try a specialtist plumbing store like Reece, plumbing section not bathrooms. That's also have looks of stuff.

Comment

Hey ozscott,
            You can try ebay, as there are some nuts and other plumbing type equipment.
            Alternatively, I see you are in Brisbane, you can try Anzor, they are in Acacia Ridge (just google Anzor, they have an online product listing).

Comment

Hi good people. The pipe was a bit old and brittle to reflare and split...who would have thought after 35 odd years! I dont think i can purchase the whole pipe and fittings already made up ??...so does anyone know a good place in or around Brisbane where i can get a new pipe bent up? (I have the fitting for the flow metre end from the old pipe that can be cut off and braised onto the new pipe and i have a new nut for the boiler end. Pic of the good pipe from the left group attached.

Cheers

Comment

Any refrigeration mechanic would totally at home with this work, and a lot plumbers with oxy gear in their trucks.

Or buy yourself a mapp gas torch and some 20% silver solder and do the job yourself. Ideally with brass you should a SS flux. Rothenberger make a good tool,

1/4 inch copper can be bent by hand using any available object as a former provided the copper is well annealed before bending. To anneal the tube heat to a cherry red and allow to cool naturally.

Best of luck

Comment

Thanks mate. Should i have heated the pipe before using my flare tool?

Cheers

Comment

I have a MAP and silver solder.

Comment

It's always a good idea to anneal pipe prior to flaring.

Looking at the image, I'd be tempted to aneal the entire pipe, trim the end and flare again, with a little careful reshaping it may be OK.

Comment

Working...
                      X