No announcement yet.

ECM Synchronika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... has anyone picked up the flow control gizmo and tried it out? They are in stock in Australia now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onesimusix View Post
      So... has anyone picked up the flow control gizmo and tried it out? They are in stock in Australia now.
      the what? do you have a link?

Comment

• If you scroll up a little you’ll see AlexG posted a picture of one.

Here is the product link - https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...rate-regulator

Comment

If you scroll up a little you’ll see AlexG posted a picture of one.

Here is the product link - https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...rate-regulator
          Just watched the demonstration video on Whole Latte Love. These look like the bee's knees. Could be the answer to my prayers and needs. Now I just need a Profitec Pro 700 on which to fit it... ;-)

Comment

• Pretty sure they will fit on any E61 group head. They are available in Profitech Pro 700 and ECM Synchronika styling though.

Comment

Pretty sure they will fit on any E61 group head. They are available in Profitech Pro 700 and ECM Synchronika styling though.
              Sure ? Pretty Sure ? or just surmising?
              There's heaps of fine measurements / tolerances going on here and lots of the manufacturers 'tweak' their proprietary E61, read change a widgets shape size diameter here or there ....and why? Because they can and seem the need to...maybe for exclusivity or future supply of parts!

Now I don't know either, however.... there is a Gicleur on the brew path and its apparent that that Gicleur ( read orifice, jet or plug with a set size hole in it ) which is replaced with another Orifice - much larger and then has a profiled 'Needle" valve inserted in place to readjust the rated flow of said opening.
              Maybe Charlie can provide a direct reply that even lists Brand / Model that he has tried a retro fitment to?
              Charlie !!

Comment

• Originally posted by EspressoAdventurer View Post
                There's heaps of fine measurements / tolerances going on here and lots of the manufacturers 'tweak' their proprietary E61...
                The Q&A on the manufacturer’s website says it will work with any standard e61 group head and it looks like a bunch of different machines have been tested and shown to work. They aren’t offering any guarantees though...

https://www.wholelattelove.com/produ...roduct-reviews

I doubt there is much customisation on the top nut of different branded e61 group heads. That’s kind of the big advantage of using an e61 as parts are standardised and straightforward to replace. The Synchronika does have a unique single nut rather than a double nut on top for aesthetic reasons but that obviously doesn’t impede this mod.

If I was putting one on a different machine I’d definitely ask before I dropped the money though...

Comment

• Hmmmm...reading your first line of of your post #170..
                  And your last line of Post #172 I'm interpreting a small but subtle variation to your stated opinions.
                  Now Im not being either critical or negative....
                  Just asking for facts that may save me and others here from spinning wheels and bank cards only to
                  finally experience a 'slap of the forehead' moment !

Comment

Hmmmm...reading your first line of of your post #170..
                    And your last line of Post #172 I'm interpreting a small but subtle variation to your stated opinions.
                    Now Im not being either critical or negative....
                    Just asking for facts that may save me and others here from spinning wheels and bank cards only to
                    finally experience a 'slap of the forehead' moment !
                    or instead of playing the man you could do some investigation for yourself? Jet Black stock them it would appear. Give them a call, tell them what machine you have, the answer will likely be Y or N.

Comment

Hmmmm...reading your first line of of your post #170..
                      Anyone reading my comment that I am “pretty sure” about it working on an alternative machine and then not doing their own research is crazy. The manufacturer says, “It will work with any espresso machine with an E61 group head”... so I feel “pretty sure” that it will fit on any e61 group head. That seems reasonable to me. I have an ECM Synchronika so I’m 100% sure this mod will fit on my machine.

Comment

Anyone reading my comment that I am “pretty sure” about it working on an alternative machine and then not doing their own research is crazy. The manufacturer says, “It will work with any espresso machine with an E61 group head”... so I feel “pretty sure” that it will fit on any e61 group head. That seems reasonable to me. I have an ECM Synchronika so I’m 100% sure this mod will fit on my machine.
                        Won't fit a VBM E61 machine. VBM use a mounting plate with 2 external screws to mount the "mushroom" where as most others use the Faema style screw-in mushroom.

VBM - https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/vbm-h...lever-operated

Faema - https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/faema...lever-operated

Comment

• Yep, VBM is an outlier in that regard...

Mal.

Comment

There's heaps of fine measurements / tolerances going on here and lots of the manufacturers 'tweak' their proprietary E61, read change a widgets shape size diameter here or there ....and why? Because they can and seem the need to...maybe for exclusivity or future supply of parts!

Now I don't know either, however.... there is a Gicleur on the brew path and its apparent that that Gicleur ( read orifice, jet or plug with a set size hole in it ) which is replaced with another Orifice - much larger and then has a profiled 'Needle" valve inserted in place to readjust the rated flow of said opening.
                            Maybe Charlie can provide a direct reply that even lists Brand / Model that he has tried a retro fitment to?
                            Charlie !!
                            So far we've only fitted them to ECM and Profitec.

charlie

Comment

• If someone feels like donating one I can do some "research" and see if it fits and works on a BFC Unico Splendor.

Comment

• Haha...
                                Nice try.

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                                X