No announcement yet.

ECM Synchronika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe the concept of flow control is just a revival rather than an innovation -

https://www.home-barista.com/espress...ng-t51886.html

Item 1 is a needle valve of sorts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E61 Patent diagram.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	753152

Name:	Faema E61 Diagram Anniversary.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	753153

Comment

• Good find CL...

Mal.

Comment

• Comment

• Look what has just arrived with our latest ECM stock...

Comment

• Originally posted by Casa Espresso View Post
            Look what has just arrived with our latest ECM stock...
            Any special deals for forum members hiding in their houses making coffee?

Comment

• Originally posted by Onesimusix View Post
              Any special deals for forum members hiding in their houses making coffee?
              Could be ..... Let us know what you are looking for

We are able to offer a 24 month warranty factory warranty on all ECM for any Coffee Snob member.

Antony
              (03) 9530 8992
              www.casaespresso.com.au

Comment

• Hello all,

For those looking to update their ECM we have the E61 Flow Control kit available on line now:
                https://www.casaespresso.com.au/spar...-opv-kits.html

We have also added them as a fitted option to new Synchronikas:
                https://www.casaespresso.com.au/ecm-synchronika.html

Cheers

Antony
                www,casaespresso.com.au

Comment

• I watched the video of Whole Latte Love using one of these flow control kits on his Profitec in depth. Good idea functionally for flow control, but am I the only one who thinks that the flow control kit is not really up to par with the rest of the machine design wise? Mismatched cheaper gauge compared to the inbuilt Synchronika gauges, cheap looking little circle knob that looks out of place, and the amount of travel the knob has seems excessive too. It looked awkward to use, requiring several full turns of travel from fully closed to fully open, instead of a nice 360 or 180 degrees of travel. And fully open is not the same as stock, so the recommendation was that if you just want a normal shot you need to have it set to about a quarter turn from open.

I know it's a bit nitpicky but ECM are known for high finishing and attention to detail.

Comment

• 100% agree.
                    Looks awkward to use and definitely not integrated into the design.

Cheers

Comment

• I had a look at the Lelit one, theirs is 180 degree travel; all the way left is closed, all the way right is open. Very intuitive looking, and also because the handle doesn't interfere with the case behind it, it can be a more sensible shape. Lelit have a big wood paddle but on an ECM I would probably go for a handle about the same design as the steam and hot water levers, or a bit smaller. And sell a gauge that matches the Synchronika gauges. Interestingly, I found this picture of a Profitec with a more lever style handle that looks like it wouldn't clear the case so possibly they already thought of this but didn't bring it to market? Very strange.

Hopefully they refine this product over time, I'd buy it if it were designed a bit better.

Comment

• Hi there,
                        I m new here,
                        i recently upgraded to the synchronika from my bes980
                        i also plumbed my machine in and have been reading the thread about plumbing in pressure. Initially I had about 3 bars on the brew gauge(as I was using a 350kpa pressure reducer).

I also added a pressure adjustment valve to make the pressure just under 2 bar. Just wanted to post that it can be done. Other threads have posted they saw no issues running at 3-4 bars, so you decide if you want to add an extra gadget.

thanks

Comment

• After installing the FCD and watching WLL's very interesting YouTube webinars various flow profiles, I've used basically 2 flow profiles; the 15 second hold at 8-9bar then a ramp down to 1-2bar for oldish coffee. For fresh coffee, 6 bar for the entire extraction.

Is anyone interested in sharing any of their experiments or experiences?

Name:	20200303_110003[1].jpg
Views:	108
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	826820
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SanderP View Post
                            100% agree.
                            Looks awkward to use and definitely not integrated into the design.

Cheers
                            I'd like to correct my statement, I've had a play with one now and once you get the hang of it the work flow is quite seamless.

I'll be looking to get one on my next machine as soon as the Cremina sells (shameless plug ​​​​​​)

Cheers
                            Peter

Comment

• I'm just in the market and about to buy a ecm v3 and atom eureka 60. Any other options I should consider in this price range? Any tips

Comment

• Originally posted by wc047 View Post
                                I'm just in the market and about to buy a ecm v3 and atom eureka 60. Any other options I should consider in this price range? Any tips
                                Well, the Profitec Pro 700 is an obvious one (being a slightly cheaper equivalent from the same stable). The other machine most commonly bracketed with those would probably be the Rocket R58.

Spec wise these machines are all pretty much identical - pid-controlled dual boilers with e61 groupheads.

I'd say the best way to choose would be make a short-list and see if you can have a play with them at your retailer(s) of choice. It's a pretty substantial purchase and something you'll be using almost if not every day - so seemingly small things like ergonomics, toggle vs rotary valves, control and gague layout, clearance between group and drip tray etc. can make a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X