Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another R58...

Big Fan,

I haven't owned an espresso machine for a few years so am still finding my feet but its amazing!

In the R58 price range there are a few machines to choose from, I must admit my decision was based on aesthetics. The removable PID is a really nice touch. Its a solid bit of kit and is very well put together.

Thanks to all that post on this forum, I have used the search function extensively in recent months.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0957.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	758767

+1 for me. Got it as part as the May promotion with the Fausto grinder.

After about 5ltrs of milk training I think I've mastered it's steam. Found that I had to raise the service boiler up a degree or 2. Hope this isn't a bad move.

I'm finding I can get great pours with it provided my 18g of coffee is super fine (equivalent of about 14 seconds on the Fausto for a double)

Comment

Well done! It is a beautiful choice. I've had mine for almost a year now and I Love it. You can texture excellent quality microfoam milk with it as long as you learn the sweetspot.

Comment

Originally posted by nickm View Post

I'm finding I can get great pours with it provided my 18g of coffee is super fine (equivalent of about 14 seconds on the Fausto for a double)
        Hi nickm,

Have you tried using different beans to see if you still need to grind as fine? I rarely ever have to go to a very fine grind. I prefer to dose a gram or 2 higher in my 18g vst basket and go courser in order to balance out the flavour of the shot.

Comment

Congrats Nick,

Make sure you check out ECA's sponsor post as well in the hope of adding some freebies to your gear

No problems to up the service boiler temp. I use and like 125 deg.

Re milk texture. Melbourne CS'ers are always welcome to make contact and pop in for a quick 5 min tute. It really is that easy when you don't fight the machine.They're a fantastic combo and ours have been running out the door- to make for an extremely busy week.

For those interested, we have some left, but I can't see the offer making it through to the end of the month.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris for the offer. With the milk I believe I was fighting the machine or trying to do too much with it, I was over complicating it. This morning I barely did a think, just had the tip below the milk until the milk was hot and then submerged the wand. It was so easy and the milk came out so velvety.

I highly recommend the machine and grinder combo and the customer service from Talk Coffee.

Comment

I too fought the macine when I first started steaming with it..got nowhere. It was because I had gotten used to the steam wand position on my last machine. As soon as I stopped being stubborn, beautiful steamed milk

Comment

Yes, R58 steaming is quite different. I use a R58 at home and a Giotto V2 at work. The steaming is very different but the results from both are super good.

Comment

Working...
                X