ECM Mechanika Profi - Squeaky levers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Mechanika Profi - Squeaky levers

I have ECM Mechanika Profi with levers. The levers became quite squeaky. Do I need to grease them? If so, what kind of grease can be used?
    Can the group lever be greased as well? Seems to be squeaky too, especially after back flashing with machine cleaner.

Hi,

This also happened to me during backflushing (note that my ECM is less than 2 month old). However, in my case, the lever started to work normally after the backflushing process was done. I suspect that in my case.

Try to pull the lever a couple of times, and see if the squeaky probably can disappear.

Comment

Hi daro, i'm not sure about the levers, but the group lever (cam and shaft) is greased with any food grade lubricant, I use molykote 111. Chemical back-flushing does dissolve away the lubricant over time, so regular lubricating is advised.

nate

Comment

Do you have Profi version? If so, how are the valves levers? Do they operate smoothly?
        We got a brand new ECM Automatika Profi at work a few weeks ago, and the levers are very smooth, compering to my machine at home.

Comment

No I have an older Barista model mate.

Comment

Hi nate, thanks for the info. I'll try to get some food grade lubricant and will give it a go.
            I guess I could apply same lubricant on the balls of the steam/hot water levers too.

Comment

Originally posted by daro View Post
              Hi nate, thanks for the info. I'll try to get some food grade lubricant and will give it a go.
              I guess I could apply same lubricant on the balls of the steam/hot water levers too.
              No worries, yeah i would give it a go, cant hurt surely?

Nate

Comment

Working...
              X