La Pavoni Giotto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Pavoni Giotto

Pics of our brand new machine. Very excited!

Great looking machine, Its always exciting getting a a new coffee machine.

Chris

Comment

Enjoy it Rohan. You netted the the first La Pavoni Giotto DB in Australia. Congrats - Paul

Comment

La Pavoni Giotto

The * **** Showroom is open all day tomorrow (Sat). I have 3 new La Pavoni models on the bench. Unlimited machine play and coffees. PM to book in and join the fun.
        Cheers - Paul
        Last edited by kbc; 16 September 2016, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I've run a few shots now, gotta say it's a pretty darn impressive unit. Quality fittings- nothing plastic fantastic about it. Quiet as a mouse compared to the Expobar, amazing shots (we're finally getting those little black specks in the crema) and textures milk like a dream.
          There seems to be a fair bit of controversy about the unit, feeling a little intimidated by the response. More then happy to answer any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee
            Thought I was the only one who noticed that...
            Guess we caught the coffee bug. No apologies for that.

Comment

Yes Chris, I understood it the first time - the implication that your view and only your view is worthy of a clear conscience? All I'm saying is there is no need to make this point to the OP. He just bought a machine that he liked, probably without knowing the politics behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by hellgq View Post
                I've run a few shots now, gotta say it's a pretty darn impressive unit. Quality fittings- nothing plastic fantastic about it. Quiet as a mouse compared to the Expobar, amazing shots (we're finally getting those little black specks in the crema) and textures milk like a dream.
                There seems to be a fair bit of controversy about the unit, feeling a little intimidated by the response. More then happy to answer any questions.
                Yes, I think it will be a great machine. Honestly at the price point of these machines you'd have to be unlucky to get a bad one and La Pavoni know what they're doing look at their other machines and the feedback on them, universally favourable.

You have the group's sympathy and good wishes, overwhelmingly anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by hellgq View Post
                  Good on you hellgq, don't worry about the controversy, just keep making coffee that you enjoy on the machine you enjoy.

Comment

I notice that the chassis and body is made of Stainless Steel. I think this might be the only Giotto that does. It is a good idea as a chassis is prone to corrosion if done in mild steel. I mean my Bezzera is 20 years old with only minor corrosion of the chassis but it is a nice touch.

Comment

La Pavoni Giotto

Originally posted by wattgn View Post
                      I notice that the chassis and body is made of Stainless Steel.
                      Yep, a thick 304 SS chassis. We all know that costs big $

All of the HX La Pavoni's have commercial (Sirai) pressurestats as well. Again, that means more $.
                      The vibe version has a well damped and quiet pump. It's not "almost rotary" quiet like the Profitec Pro 500, but it's definitely rattle free.
                      They have gone all out to make sure that these machines are best in class. AUS spec improvements are the cream on the cake.

---------

Post post edit: Some took the above to be a wild claim these these are best in class. That really wasn't my intention. What I meant was that they haven't cut corners and built a cheap machine. They have spend extra $ and gone all out with the intention to make these best in class. Have they succeeded? I'll let others comment on that.
                      Last edited by kbc; 17 September 2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Looks sweet Paul
                        Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post

All of the HX La Pavoni's have commercial (Sirai) pressurestats as well. Again, that means more $.
                        The vibe version has a well damped and quiet pump. It's not "almost rotary" quiet like the Profitec Pro 500, but it's definitely rattle free.
                        They have gone all out to make sure that these machines are best in class. AUS spec improvements are the cream on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post

I think all $2000 plus machines should use stainless steel for the chassis. It does cost but I would be surprised if it added more than $100 to the price. The makers do it because everyone else does it. Just lazy.

Comment

Could you email La Marzocco to suggest that?

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                              Could you email La Marzocco to suggest that?
                              Chris are saying makers should be encouraged not to use stainless for the chassis?

List the benefits please.

Comment

Working...
                              X