Can it be white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can it be white?

We had a powdercoat play with a Giotto EVO this week for the demo bench..I'm not certain if we're finished yet as the drip tray insert might go to black...

Thanks as always to Rick for the legwork and spanner work!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bianca.png
Views:	1
Size:	698.3 KB
ID:	759241Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1046.jpg
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	759242Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1049.JPG
Size:	424.8 KB
ID:	759243

Looks great. Nice job all round.

Comment

Looks great. love the contrast between the paint and the chrome. Maybe the top cup tray needs something different, seems a bit too much white in that area.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
        Maybe the top cup tray needs something different..
        I think some cups will sort that...

Comment

Reckon a Black Grille will look pretty schmick on the drip tray Chris...

Mal.

Comment

Very cool. I like it as is actually. Though if you're doing the drip tray maybe to the cup railing also to balance the look (though like you said, cups are cheaper and removable)

As a side note, I've always wanted someone to powder coat their machine something outrageous like turquoise or hot pink.

Comment

Originally posted by tashie View Post
              As a side note, I've always wanted someone to powder coat their machine something outrageous like turquoise or hot pink.
              Rick's done a couple of things- most recently a Kony-E in cobalt with bamboo. Looks incredible.

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
              Looks great.... think about a black drip tray grille, black cup warmer grille, black water reservoir lid and black cup railing. Black and white contrast is HOT
              Nope- too much for me I'm afraid. I think it would be overkill and lack subtlety. In addition reservoir lid and cup grille are "wear components" and would be easily knocked around so we won't be doing that. Might do the drip tray grille though in our next black job...
              Last edited by TC; 9 October 2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Maybe Black Chrome instead of powder-coat.
                Probably more durable...

Mal.

Comment

Up with some cups. Looking better!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	giottowhite.jpg
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	742724

Comment

Was never much a fan of white in kitchen gear but that is looking pretty good on the bench.

* **** - I think we have similar opinions on aesthetics of coffee machines!

Comment

Fiddly I know but what about coating the inside of the drip tray in black so that it doesn't show up as much of the muck that can get left behind in the tray (of course I clean my drip tray after every shot so mine is never dirty - but I've heard some leave there's to gunk up )

Comment

Looks good! But I prefer the drip tray completely chrome for easier cleaning. How about carbon fiber top rails? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                          Up with some cups. Looking better!
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]14090[/ATTACH]

I'm unsure on this one Chris, the powder coated machine looks good, however I'm a bit of a Bower Bird, love shiny things, I think I still prefer stainless, I think

PS: I'm still in mourning chrome bumper bars! loved em.
                          Last edited by Yelta; 12 October 2016, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                            I'm unsure on this one Chris, the powder coated machine looks good, however I'm a bit of a Bower Bird, love shiny things, I think I still prefer stainless, I think
                            Yeah, im with you Yelta, shiny all the way.

Comment

Fortunately I believe it's still available in stainless finish

Comment

Working...
                              X