X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilentBoB
    replied
    Originally posted by FineGrind View Post
    The reason I sold my Duetto III was because the steam was too wet. Have they improved that on the IV?
    Not been on the forums for a while so just seen this now. No issues with the steam here on my IV

Leave a comment:

• FineGrind
    replied
    The reason I sold my Duetto III was because the steam was too wet. Have they improved that on the IV?

Leave a comment:

• PaoloCortese
    replied
    Very good job.....

Leave a comment:

• Casa Espresso
    replied
    Originally posted by FineGrind View Post
    My Duetto III I used to own was ready to use in 7 minutes thanks to having no thermo siphon restrictors. Has this changed with the new model?
    An E61 group head up to temp in 7 minutes, unlikely.

You are possibly referring to the boiler pressure

Cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au

Leave a comment:

• Caffeinator
    replied
    I've seen a few of these and owned a current one one as well. Full steam boiler pressure in 7 min? Sure thing...

Hot group and thermostability- they're really quick but no way. It's more like 15 minutes verified by Scace device. Best not to give peeps unrealistic expectations.

Leave a comment:

• FineGrind
    replied
    My Duetto III I used to own was ready to use in 7 minutes thanks to having no thermo siphon restrictors. Has this changed with the new model?

Leave a comment:

• SilentBoB
    replied
    Just realised I never gave an update... Happy to say the machine fixed itself.

We know the guys at Dimattina pretty well so sent them a video of the machine in operation and they confirmed it appeared to be a stuck gauge and the machine seemed to be operating fine so said I could keep using the machine and bring it in when I had time. About two days after that the gauge seemed to unstick itself, but the pressure was a little low (needle stopping around 7 bar)... another chat with the guys and they told me how to adjust the pump pressure. Great how simple it is to do on this machine. No need to fiddle around removing panels, there’s a convenient cut out on the side where you can put your screwdriver to adjust it.

Now getting 9 bars of pressure and pouring great coffee. Also think I've got the hang of the steam pressure now and pouring latte art again... although not at the same level as the better half

The machine has been a joy to use and really enjoying my coffee making again now and have even gone back to drinking more espressos.

Leave a comment:

• SilentBoB
    replied
    Originally posted by Casa Espresso View Post
    Hi Bob,

No that's not normal, you should be seeing circa 9bar on extraction.

Beauty of the Alex Duetto is that the pump pressure can be easily accessed and adjusted from the outside of the machine.

Give Dimattina a quick call

Cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    Thanks Anthony, I'll give them a shout.

Not sure if it's just a stuck gauge or something because the extraction is fine but even with a blind in when I back flush the gauge just sits on zero.

Leave a comment:

• Casa Espresso
    replied
    Hi Bob,

No that's not normal, you should be seeing circa 9bar on extraction.

Beauty of the Alex Duetto is that the pump pressure can be easily accessed and adjusted from the outside of the machine.

Give Dimattina a quick call

Cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au

Leave a comment:

• SilentBoB
    replied
    One thing I've only just noticed.... my brewhead pressure guage isn't moving at all... it just sits on zero. The extraction seems fine but it was only when I remembered that I could check the brewhead pressure that I noticed it wasn't moving. I hadn't really been paying attention to it prior as I'm not use to having one

Is this something I can easily check and fix myself or am I going to need to box it up and get the store to take a look?

Leave a comment:

• artman
    replied
    Check the hole diameter too, it plays a big part in the volume (obviously). I have found the 4 hole 1.0mm dia tips to be a good compromise between speed and microfoam.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• CafeLotta
    replied
    Originally posted by SilentBoB View Post
    My wife was a barista and is the one who talked me in to stepping up to the Duetto and she's loving the machine too. So much so that I had to wait until after she made everyone coffee this morning before I could get my hands back on it
    As if we weren't envious enough, now you're just being cruel!

Leave a comment:

• SilentBoB
    replied
    Originally posted by rusty888 View Post
    Angled ports filters are amazing

The microfoam it’s just learning a new machine.

My advice go back to real basics. Angle steeper into milk, off the edge a bit more and go from there.

Given what you’ve come from it’s just the learning of a change. I fought that battle from a Linea Mini as I wasn’t use to the extra power but got there after struggling for a week or to till someone mentioned to me every new machine go back to basics and learn the machine.
    Good points. I've only attempted three cups with the four hole so far. It is just having some patience and adjusting but I got perfect microfoam on my first attempt with the two hole so felt like I should go back
    Last edited by SilentBoB; 14th September 2019, 11:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rusty888
    replied
    Originally posted by SilentBoB View Post
    A little thing I've been admiring on the Alex Duetto is the angled handle on the portafilter which means it basically sits flat on my tamping mat instead of using the edge of the bench when using the spouted portafilter.

Also played with the four hole steam tip... not finding it as easy to get microfoam with the four hole tip but my wife prefers it over the two hole so I'll probably need to just practice more
    Angled ports filters are amazing

The microfoam it’s just learning a new machine.

My advice go back to real basics. Angle steeper into milk, off the edge a bit more and go from there.

Given what you’ve come from it’s just the learning of a change. I fought that battle from a Linea Mini as I wasn’t use to the extra power but got there after struggling for a week or to till someone mentioned to me every new machine go back to basics and learn the machine.

Leave a comment:

• SilentBoB
    replied
    A little thing I've been admiring on the Alex Duetto is the angled handle on the portafilter which means it basically sits flat on my tamping mat instead of using the edge of the bench when using the spouted portafilter.

Also played with the four hole steam tip... not finding it as easy to get microfoam with the four hole tip but my wife prefers it over the two hole so I'll probably need to just practice more

Leave a comment:

Working...
X