The Coffee Stork delivered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coffee Stork delivered!

Yes, that's right, the coffee stork flew by this morning and dropped off this baby. What could it be? Could it be ...? Surely not ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0204.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	763000

It's ...it's...

Name:	DSC_0205.JPG
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	750368

Comment

Yes! It is

Comment

A Profitec Pro 600 double boiler.

Here it is in its new home next to my Macap MXK grinder and Olympia Cremina

Name:	DSC_0206.JPG
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	750369

Comment

OK, OK, there is no such thing as a coffee stork. Truth is, after eyeing off this machine online for the last 18 months I was finally in the position to take the leap.

Jetblack sales rep Ryan expertly took me through the ropes of the Profitec Pro 600 and 700. My main concern was whether I would regret not buying the more powerful 700 but an objective presentation assured me that the 600 would suit me quite nicely, thank you. Ryan also showed me the Lelit Bianca which I had often admired but my Olympia Cremina is able to perform pressure profiling duties.

A generous trade in offer on my old Giotto Premium Plus sealed the deal and the Pro 600 has now joined the Flynn household. I fired it up when I got it home and made 3 shots that poured too quickly so still need to dial in the grinder but a bit too wired now. That will have to wait until next time.

Thank you Charlie, Ryan and the Jetblack team for the customary great service!

Comment

Congratulations Flynn, well done.

Love the classic styling, I'm sure it will live up to its reputation.

I know you will keep us informed.

Comment

So much bling and so much coffee...

Good one Steve.

Mal.

Comment

Must add, I'm a big fan of rotary valves/taps.

Comment

Nice Flynn, would be great to hear your thoughts on the pro 600 compared to the old Giotto once you have had a good chance to test it out

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                    Must add, I'm a big fan of rotary valves/taps.
                    In my extensive research, I also looked at the ECM Synchronika which featured toggle steam and water valves. It was claimed by some that this was an almost compelling reason to buy the ECM over its relative, the Profitec Pro 700. I guess I'll never know. I have always had rotaries on my prosumer machines and have not been disappointed. It wouldn't be a deal maker/breaker if a machine had toggle valves but I prefer the look of rotaries. The quality of the steam is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Mb21 View Post
                      Nice Flynn, would be great to hear your thoughts on the pro 600 compared to the old Giotto once you have had a good chance to test it out
                      Thanks all. I will certainly be reporting on progress.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
                        In my extensive research, I also looked at the ECM Synchronika which featured toggle steam and water valves. It was claimed by some that this was an almost compelling reason to buy the ECM over its relative, the Profitec Pro 700. I guess I'll never know. I have always had rotaries on my prosumer machines and have not been disappointed but it wouldn't be a deal maker/breaker if a machine had toggle valves but I prefer the look of rotaries. The quality of the steam is more important.
                        I like the hands off ability to regulate the steam flow that rotary valves provide, I usually start steaming quite vigorously, however by the end of the process I've backed of considerably.

Comment

WOW! I had Pro 600 in my sights but my budget did not allow it. Looking forward to a review. Congratulations!

As for rotary valves, I need to learn from Yelta and wind back towards the end.

Rotary rocks! The machine looks really good!

Comment

Agree, the Pro 600 is a very classy machine indeed...
                            You're going to have to do a lot of experimenting now mate, to identify which beans/roast profiles go best with what Brew Water Temp.
                            Lotsa fun ahead...

Mal.

Comment

Hahaha loved the progressive unveiling XD

AWESOME, enjoy that beauty mate, so cool

Comment

Working...
                              X