Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Elektra Verve machine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Elektra Verve machine

    Checkout this new machine, dual boiler with some wood panels and saturated group, might slot in around/below the Linea Mini, GS3, R91;

    https://dailycoffeenews.com/2019/12/...ec17-193776033

    Good looking machine!

  • #2
    Electra always have a slightly different slant on the design of their equipment which I like a lot...
    This one included. I think the chunky appearance coupled with wooden side panels looks very Scandinavian.

    Mal.

    Comment


    • #3
      Has anyone picked up one of these? Any reviews out there?

      Comment


      • #4
        I've read some early user reviews that are VERY glowing. I'm pretty sure if you drop $5,800 on a new machine you'll be prone to writing a glowing review!

        That sentiment aside I love the aesthetic and technology in these units.

        Cheers

        Comment


        • #5
          I would also be pretty curious on the reviews of this machine since its been quite early days, and there seems to be a growing amount of machines that can do a few more than the usual dual boiler e61 machines. It seems the Elektra Verve has even made it to *****'s recommended list of machines as well

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lecn1302 View Post
            I would also be pretty curious on the reviews of this machine since its been quite early days, and there seems to be a growing amount of machines that can do a few more than the usual dual boiler e61 machines. It seems the Elektra Verve has even made it to *****'s recommended list of machines as well
            I did an engineering review of one for a retailer last year...... It's not published on my review site and I love publishing reviews of great machines. I'm unfortunately bound by confidentiality.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by davec View Post

              I did an engineering review of one for a retailer last year...... It's not published on my review site and I love publishing reviews of great machines. I'm unfortunately bound by confidentiality.
              Since the machine has already been launched since 2019, I'm not sure why they wouldn't allow it to be published. Is it because it is an engineering review that might reveal a few design concepts that Elektra would prefer not to be widely known? Surely there wouldn't be any secrets now..

              Here's a promo video. Couldn't help thinking that, after the guy removed the blindfold, his girlfriend might have thought that an engagement ring would have been nice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by flynnaus View Post

                Since the machine has already been launched since 2019, I'm not sure why they wouldn't allow it to be published. Is it because it is an engineering review that might reveal a few design concepts that Elektra would prefer not to be widely known? Surely there wouldn't be any secrets now..

                Here's a promo video. Couldn't help thinking that, after the guy removed the blindfold, his girlfriend might have thought that an engagement ring would have been nice.


                Oh, I meant for the Retailer I did it for....they decided not to stock it. As for secrets, I don't know, I have been surprised by the lack of depth in the few "reviews" I could find. I suppose even if I could publish it I wouldn't. The guy does need to really remove the blindfold when he chooses his next machine..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Elektra machines are much over rated IMHO. They've image priced themselves into a sector where I suspect there are much better machines for the money. The Verve is probably in that category. I've never been into a cafe with an Elektra that made me feel like that girl.

                  Comment


                  • flynnaus
                    flynnaus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You mean you are underwhelmed by Electra or you are harbouring a desire to be gifted with one?

                • #10
                  I mean I've had six and regard them like a good classic car. You have to work them to get the best out of them.

                  Okay, the leva makes superlative espresso.

                  Plus I'm a chrome junkie with modest expectations.

                  Here are the two leckies that are now permantly in service, the Belle is just an A3 in drag but it makes me smile and growl at the same time..

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210430_104155.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	511.6 KB
ID:	864893

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X