Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECM Synchronika VS Lelit Bianca Which is best value and what should I expect to pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Synchronika VS Lelit Bianca Which is best value and what should I expect to pay?

Hi Guys,

First off I’m new here so hello!

So I’ll try and keep this short and sweet, I’ve narrowed down the machines to these two (ECM Synchronika & Lelit Bianca) I’ve heard great things about both apparently build quality is meant to be excellent etc but I keep getting told value for money wise the Lelit is hands down the better option, Is this true? And which would you recommend? I’m also open to other suggestions just the amount of research I’ve done these two always seem to come out on top for the money unless of course you step your budget up to $5k which I’m not going to do as I want a good grinder as well which will already push me into that territory which is fine. which leads me onto my next question what grinder should I be looking at? I’m wanting something that obviously grinds well but will also automatically measure the dose and distribute so are there any recommendations here you could give me? Total budget $5500 inc grinder but if you guys can show me cheaper options I’m all ears and I’m basing this on online pricing I can see so if I can spend less I will.

And last question where should I look to buy these machines? I’d rather do it online if possible as I’m located on the Central Coast NSW (happy to travel for the right price) the reason I’m asking where should I buy from is I’m getting quoted different prices by others elsewhere of how much I should be paying which is a bit cheaper than I can currently see from online stores here in AU such as the Lelit for example I’m told it can be had for $3500 but online it’s currently on special and showing at 3949 here so $400+ more. So if anyone can recommend me best place to buy with good pricing please let me know.

Thanks so much for your time and really appreciate any help.

Welcome to Coffee Snobs Danniboy.

Have a look at the Bezzera Domus Galatea, excellent value at $2975, excellent pedigree, very reliable and easy to get good results from, many satisfied users, I've owned one for 10 years, still performing as new.
    https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...domus-galatea/

As far as grinders are concerned, the Niche Zero is flavour of the month among users on this forum, if I were in the market for a new grinder it would certainly be on my short list, $1300.
    https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/shop/ac/niche-coffee-grinders

Jetblack are good people to deal with and offer excellent backup service and advice, located in Sydney.

Cant comment on the other machines you mention, however the ECM seems to have a good reputation.

I'm sure others will offer advice.

Good luck, stay in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
      Welcome to Coffee Snobs Danniboy.

Have a look at the Bezzera Domus Galatea, excellent value at $2975, excellent pedigree, very reliable and easy to get good results from, many satisfied users, I've owned one for 10 years, still performing as new.
      https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...domus-galatea/

As far as grinders are concerned, the Niche Zero is flavour of the month among users on this forum, if I were in the market for a new grinder it would certainly be on my short list, $1300.
      https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/shop/ac/niche-coffee-grinders

Jetblack are good people to deal with and offer excellent backup service and advice, located in Sydney.

Cant comment on the other machines you mention, however the ECM seems to have a good reputation.

I'm sure others will offer advice.

Good luck, stay in touch.
      Thanks so much Yelta I will check these out right now!

Comment

I actually found the same machine for a fair bit cheaper. I guess this is to my point in my post I’m not sure what is a fair price for some of these machines they vary quite a bit from site to site.
        Last edited by Javaphile; 21 December 2019, 06:36 PM. Reason: Commercial link removed

Comment

The Sycnronika/Pro 700 both have bigger steam boilers, and much higher steam pressure than the Bianca.
          Given all three units are basically the same price, i think the capabilities of the snyconrila/pro 700 are a bit better.
          Between the three id probsbly say steam then asthetics should guide you.
          I prefer the looks of the pro 700 to the snycronika but if you like the wood of the leleit the other machines can be customized if you want later.
          The flow control on the lelit is now available for the other two

Comment

Originally posted by daniboy7777 View Post
            I actually found the same machine for a fair bit cheaper. I guess this is to my point in my post I’m not sure what is a fair price for some of these machines they vary quite a bit from site to site.
            When you buy from a reputable bricks and mortar store (whether online or in person) you are buying after sales service and access to years of experience.

site sponsors here, one mentioned above, should provide you some comfort.

If travel is an issue in the shopping around phase, use the Quote Form, link located at the bottom of every page on this site. Fill it out and it will find its way to the site sponsors who can then quote based on your specifications.

good luck, have fun

Comment

Originally posted by flashpixx View Post
              When you buy from a reputable bricks and mortar store (whether online or in person) you are buying after sales service and access to years of experience.

site sponsors here, one mentioned above, should provide you some comfort.

If travel is an issue in the shopping around phase, use the Quote Form, link located at the bottom of every page on this site. Fill it out and it will find its way to the site sponsors who can then quote based on your specifications.

good luck, have fun

ahh didn’t realise there was a quote form here thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Cats View Post
                The Sycnronika/Pro 700 both have bigger steam boilers, and much higher steam pressure than the Bianca.
                Given all three units are basically the same price, i think the capabilities of the snyconrila/pro 700 are a bit better.
                Between the three id probsbly say steam then asthetics should guide you.
                I prefer the looks of the pro 700 to the snycronika but if you like the wood of the leleit the other machines can be customized if you want later.
                The flow control on the lelit is now available for the other two
                I did not not know that regarding the flow control thanks so much

Comment

+++++ 1 For buying from a well known supplier. You might save a few dollars by shopping for the cheapest price but in the price range you are looking at think of it as a 10 yr plus relationship.

Look for a well regarded supplier who may also be an active responder on this forum. I have no experience of, for example, Jet Black Espresso but note that Charlie regularly responds to queries with great advice and goes out of his way to help. You want an experienced supplier who can help with your decision, let you try various models, will answer queries along the way and service your machine when needed. Saving a few dollars on the purchase is less important than choosing a helpful and trustworthy supplier. I travel 250K to get my machine serviced by the person I bought it from many years ago and rely on his advice and backup.

Also highly recommend Niche grinder.

Happy espresso making.

Comment

Originally posted by Meggs8 View Post
                    +++++ 1 For buying from a well known supplier. You might save a few dollars by shopping for the cheapest price but in the price range you are looking at think of it as a 10 yr plus relationship.

Look for a well regarded supplier who may also be an active responder on this forum. I have no experience of, for example, Jet Black Espresso but note that Charlie regularly responds to queries with great advice and goes out of his way to help. You want an experienced supplier who can help with your decision, let you try various models, will answer queries along the way and service your machine when needed. Saving a few dollars on the purchase is less important than choosing a helpful and trustworthy supplier. I travel 250K to get my machine serviced by the person I bought it from many years ago and rely on his advice and backup.

Also highly recommend Niche grinder.

Happy espresso making.
                    +1 to this advice.

The machines you're looking at are all capable of making fantastic espresso (so I dont think there's a "wrong" choice here). So the decision may come down to look/feel - and playing with the machines can really help you decide where the money will be spent. I'm a very happy owner of a V1 Syncronika (I've played with the V2 - the steam power is ridiculous FYI) and I'm sure it will provide quality espresso for years and years to come. But other options you mention and have been mentioned here will still be awesome choices. You will find the quality of your espresso will come down more to refining your skills with the machine, than the machine by itself

Also +1 on the niche if you plan on single dose grinding. If you want more on-demand grinding, the Eureka Atom stands pretty alone in the price point of around 1K.

Look forward to hear which way you go

Comment

Hi Daniboy,

Both great machines. Probably better value with the Bianca given flow control is already installed and the ECM/Profitec flow control accessory will add $$ to the machine price. I've used both with flow control and would be perfectly happy with the ECM Synchronika, Profitec Pro 700 or Lelit Bianca. I use the paddle primarily to control pre-infusion length and then to drop the pressure at the end of the shot to prevent blonding. Main functional difference with the Synchronika and Pro 700 is the wear-free rotary valves on the Pro 700 versus the levers on the Synchronika (Bianca has wear-free rotary valves too).

charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Meggs8 View Post
                        I travel 250K to get my machine serviced by the person I bought it from many years ago and rely on his advice and backup.
                        You circle the planet how many times?

Java "Talk about a long distance relationship!" phile
                        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                          You circle the planet how many times?

Java "Talk about a long distance relationship!" phile
                          Errrrrrrrrrrr 250 kilometres NOT 250 K ie THOUSAND kilometres. I'm not that keen!

Comment

If buying of the internet check the warranty.
                            It’s possibly a back to base type, which means you pay to get it back to the place of purchase and back again.
                            So if you are in Melbourne and buy from a Sydney seller (as an example) you may be paying postage both ways for a warranty claim. Or you may be directed to a local tech to you, you will then need to pay and then try to get reimbursed for the outlay.

Go in with eyes open.

Also if considering the ECM look for an authorised dealer as the warranty may be longer than the 12mths that is standard.
                            Last edited by Ronin; 22 December 2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
                              If buying of the internet check the warranty.
                              It’s possibly a back to base type, which means you pay to get it back to the place of purchase and back again.
                              So if you are in Melbourne and buy from a Sydney seller (as an example) you may be paying postage both ways for a warranty claim. Or you may be directed to a local tech to you, you need to pay and then try to get reimbursed for the outlay.

Go in with eyes open.
                              I haven't come across any dealers that would work this way with any of the machines in discussion but FWIW Jetblack Espresso would get warranty work done locally at no cost to the customer.

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
                              Also if considering the ECM look for an authorised dealer as the warranty may be longer than the 12mths that is standard.
                              I don't know of any grey importers in Oz so any ECM dealer is authorised by definition.

charlie

Comment

Working...
                              X