No announcement yet.

UPGRADE - ECM synchronika v3, Bezzera duo, La Marzocco Linea Mini Or any others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPGRADE - ECM synchronika v3, Bezzera duo, La Marzocco Linea Mini Or any others

Upgrading from a bezzera mitica

I am paring the machine with a eureka atom 60 grinder (advice on other grinders is welcome)

Its for home use.

I always thought volumetric would be a good option to have as to pull a few shots once dialled in. I also was keen on getting PID and shot timer.

The ECM has been recommended to me by a shop owner for build quality and reliability. (I had a few issues with my old Bezzera)

Any recommendations/advice would be terrific.

I have no friends 0 replies😢😢😢😢😢

Comment

I am about to get myself a La Marzocco Linea Mini, however have never used one so can not comment on its benefits over the others. Profitec 700 might be worth looking into. Both that and the Linea Mini will crank the steam if you are doing milk based.

Comment

Been told to be wary of issues with them compared to ecm

Comment

This is a personal decision.

Where do you want to go with your coffee journey? What do you envisage your coffee future to be? e61 dual boiler, lever machine, saturated group?

There are no bad choices once you move to the high end machines you have listed, only your personal preference for specific features.

So, ask yourself what features are important for you?

Comment

Originally posted by wc047 View Post
            Been told to be wary of issues with them compared to ecm
            As in be wary of profitec? I thought ECM and Profitec were made by same company / manufacture?

Comment

Originally posted by Mb21 View Post

As in be wary of profitec? I thought ECM and Profitec were made by same company / manufacture?
              Sorry I meant the LM in that comment

Comment

If you want volumetric capability your only option from those listed is the volumetric version of the Synchronika. I think you’d be happy with any of the machines you’ve listed so it comes down to what you’re personally after as Sam mentioned above.

Comment

I suggest listing the features you would like in your new machine in two groups, "must have" and "would be nice" and then look at the machines available.

I would also take any criticism of specific machines with a grain of salt. For anyone unhappy with a particular machine, there are just as many that are perfectly happy.

If you post your list of prefered features, then, you will get specific recommendations. The OP is far too generic with too many machines meeting those specifications.

I would not bother with volumetric machines, it very much limits your choices. Also, it is very difficult to get exactly the same flow rate shot-to-shot even once you have the grinder dialled in.

Comment

At that price point I'd be adding the Decent Espresso range to my shortlist.

Comment

Working...
                    X