Cimbali M21 Junior - Touch Pad Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cimbali M21 Junior - Touch Pad Issues

Hi All, Ive recent started having issues with stop/start touch pad on the front of the machine playing up. Sometimes it won't work, otherwise it won't turn off, so I feel the issue could be with the PCB of the touch pad itself. Is anyone selling any spare parts or know where I might be able to purchase one? Coffeeparts don't stock them

Kelvin, they are available overseas if you Google the part...but before going to the expense I'd try for the obvious easy fix first. You might even find ones readily available for another machine, which fit yours.

I'm assuming they have a ribbon connector from the pads to the circuit board. Try removing and re-inserting the connector at both ends a couple of times. It may be loose or corroded so making bad contact.

If that doesn't fix the problem and you are handy, you could open the circuit board and look for obvious faults such as dry solder joints or failed capacitors.

On my machine, I had to open each micro switch behind each touch pad, all 10 of them, and clean the contact surfaces which were tarnished. Since this breaks the plastic lugs which hold the switches together, I used a hot glue gun to reassemble them. Work fine now.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Rob You are correct, it has a PCB ribbon cable from the back of the touch pad to a connector. I have removed and cleaned up the connector a few times previous, this had got it to work on a few occasions, but now doesn't have any joy. I had another look last night, added a jumper lead from the active and neutral of the plug to simulate the on/off of the push button. This seems to work fine (and made this mornings coffee haha) which also tells me that it is the pad thats the issue and not the connection to the motherboard. Ill pull the pad off completely on the weekend to see if I can clean up any other connections on the back of the touch pads and see if I can get it up and running again before I make a purchase Cheers for the reply Kelvin

Comment

Kelvin8r, sorry to hijack the thread but do both the pads on your touchpad turn the pour on AND off? I've been wondering because mine do and if they're designed that way it seems only one pad would be required..
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzit View Post
          Kelvin8r, sorry to hijack the thread but do both the pads on your touchpad turn the pour on AND off? I've been wondering because mine do and if they're designed that way it seems only one pad would be required.. Cheers
          Hey Buzz, Sorry for the late reply mate. Yes, both on and off touch buttons turn the unit on and off, no matter which one you press. The wiring diagram shows they're basically all connected as 1 push button. Looks to me like it was wired for the 5 button pad (plumbed version) and the tank version just copped the 2 buttons with the shorted contacts across the 5 wires. Testing with a jumper leads connected to the plug, any wire touched back to the neutral will turn it on and off

Comment

Working...
          X