No announcement yet.

Crem one profiler - machine thoughts from owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That seems to be a very odd sort of hostility towards Decent. You do realise that all the stuff they talk about in regards to issues with parts and production is something that is a common experience for all manufacturers? The difference with Decent is that they’re an open book so you hear and see it all whereas most other companies just present the shiny facade of a complete, finished product at the end of development or re-development. I don’t own a Decent and probably never will and there’s things about the machine and the company that aren’t for me, but I do like that they’ve done things a little differently from the start instead of just same-same like everyone else.

Comment

No hostility, just calling it as I see it. Yes I'm well aware that manufacturers are dealing with COVID related issues and it's getting to be an old excuse to say the least. I can understand a company not wanting to rest on laurels and seek more improvement, but at the expense of time and money wasted along the way as well as decreased sales doesn't make it worth it for the most part. The last few years have been hilarious watching all the hoopla over what machine will give the most control, what grinder will be best at single dosing with minimal retention and so on... some people are never totally satisfied and are simply missing out on what's right in front of them the entire time.

Comment

I think the Decent and the way the company is marketing them in the open , is a great warts and all way of doing things. I just see the intricate parts and mess of wires and it looks like trouble in the long term to me.(just my opinion) I remember when Commercial Rheem gas Hot Water Heaters were gas with a pilot light. now they have an electronic control box worth $400 that is a throw away part. Before, if you lost power , you still had gas and hot water, now you lose power and you have nothing. yes technology is great, when it works, but I like the simple layout and electronics of the ECM Synchronica, less chance of things going wrong, and not too expensive to replace a PID. But If someone was to gift me a Decent, I wouldn't say no ?

Comment

I love the idea of a decent, and nearly bought one. A couple of times but that sound would drive me insane. Tickticktickticktick

Comment

I ended up with the ECM Synchronica ! and i could not be happier !, the flavor profiles using the manual profiler is amazing. love the look of it too. I scored a 2nd hand Zenith Club grinder, which does a great job, though timed grinding is annoying.

Comment

Working...
            X