• Show
Clear All

• Izzo Valexia shout out

Click image for larger version

Name:	c7.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	885986

Looking good Tom, the eye cups make a great look!

Now you can relax and enjoy the simple serenity...

Comment

Really nice stuff. I've always imagined myself having a few machines to choose from but then I imagine I get some anxiety in deciding what to use.

How do you choose between the Decent and the Lever? Also, how does the Decent Lever profiles compare?

Comment

• tompoland
        tompoland commented
        Editing a comment
        Great question. I'm planning to do some back to back comparisons with the Decent v Valexia on the weekend and will let you know my thoughts. As you likely know, theoretically the Decent can emulate any other machine because it can be set for any temperature at the group head, any pressure or any flow rate at any stage of the shot including preinfusion.

But what it can never emulate is the feeling of the lever.

Originally posted by yochiya View Post
      Also, how does the Decent Lever profiles compare?
      Yochiya, that is like asking how these new AI computerised sex dolls compare with the real thing! 😄

One is a Lever, the other is a machine trying to emulate a lever.

Comment

• tompoland
        tompoland commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny but also some truth in that. Time and place for both? (And ... don't knock it until you've tried it"?)

Originally posted by 338 View Post

Yochiya, that is like asking how these new AI computerised sex dolls compare with the real thing! 😄

One is a Lever, the other is a machine trying to emulate a lever.
      I don't know man, the modern sex dolls are feature rich and don't complain when you buy more coffee kit...

On a serious note, I've heard this before a few times. Sounds like it's hard to say exactly why but the real thing is just better.

Wish I could rent a Decent for a week...

Comment

tompoland would love to hear your thoughts and experiences once you've had some time to compare.

Comment

• tompoland
          tompoland commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do. This weekend and will post back here.

Out of curiosity, what is the size of the boiler and does it have a drain plug?

Comment

338 commented
          Editing a comment
          5 litres & yes

• tompoland
          tompoland commented
          Editing a comment
          What he said. No internal water tank so I have it set up with a 15L water bottle and flojet. Works well. I have it on a smart timer to turn on an hour before I am up.

• amberale
          amberale commented
          Editing a comment
          It is a cracker of a machine.
          I am envious.

plumbing it in is easy. Use some John Guest fittings and run a line from your nearest tap. You can install an inline filtration setup as well or even an RO system. PM me and I will send you a link for some local contacts if it interests you.

Comment

• tompoland
          tompoland commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, may be moving house, hence the reason for not plumbing it in just yet. But if we do move, I've be sure and come back to you.
      Working...
      X