Faema e98 Compact A1 issues :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trixitrine
    Trixitrine hey please don't feel beaten up. I'm aware that some members, helpful and well meaning though they are, can sometimes come across as a wee bit judgemental. Everyone here want's to help you though. Tonality can be harder to convey in print.

For what it's worth I think you have a winner machine on your hands and I feel your frustration at getting a new prized possession home and having it malfunction. It sucks.

But many of us here admire the spirit in which you are tackling this challenge. We know the pain and the challenge!

So keep on keeping on and just tell us to pull our heads in when we're OTT.

Good luck with the machine, I suspect that you'll get many years of enjoyment from her once she's up and running.
    Last edited by tompoland; 1 week ago. Reason: typo

Comment

• Trixitrine
      Trixitrine commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankyou I appreciate that. I just have this habit of doing this sort of thing all the time and I get a bit upset at myself for my gung ho approach. I am an obsessive learner, I get bored easily and am always looking for bigger challenges but I guess yeah there’s this learning phase where I have to reach out for help when I can’t find the answers by myself, and I hate asking for help because I feel like an imposition and I’ve copped a lot of flack for it in the past, which only fortifies my insecurities. But I mean life is boring without (voluntary) challenges.
      Anyway Thankyou. Now to see whether I can figure out this plumbing by myself 👍🏻

• Dimal
      Dimal commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, the concerns for your welfare and safety expressed above are being expressed by members who mostly have professions very closely aligned with most of the technologies found in machines such as this and do not want see you come to any harm. We'd much prefer to see you posting here in the forum boards for many years to come and telling us all about your ongoing coffee experiences.
      Some things just need to be left to qualified licensed professionals who will ensure that your personal well being and that of everyone else in your social orbit, is always front of mind with any work that is undertaken...

I had one of these years ago. From memory the machine always used water from the internal tank. When the water was low in the tank it would open a solenoid and allow mains water to flow into the internal tank until it sensed more water (plus a small time delay?) Perhaps you could reconfigure it as per noidle22, I can’t remember. All the panels are quick and easy to remove. You should then easily be able to trace and map the water route from source to end. It’s quite logical once you get your head around it. Might just be a sticky solenoid. If you’re not using the auto milk frother you can blank that off and use that solenoid as a spare. From memory they are all the same. If you’re not sure what you’re doing probably better getting someone to help you out, you don’t want to get zapped. These are a great machine, if it was working before it’s likely that it’s something simple. Cheers

Comment

Ok now I’m stumped. I have checked everything and it is completely set up correctly for plumb in operation. The tank sensors are wired together as they should be, the pipes are configured correctly for plumb in. Absolutely beyond me how it could possibly be pushing water out of a waste pipe that has no water source

Comment

Originally posted by Trixitrine View Post
        Ok now I’m stumped. I have checked everything and it is completely set up correctly for plumb in operation. The tank sensors are wired together as they should be, the pipes are configured correctly for plumb in. Absolutely beyond me how it could possibly be pushing water out of a waste pipe that has no water source
        What do you mean pushing water out the waste pipe? You mean the safety OPV is discharging water when the pump runs? If yes then possible the pump pressure adjustment piston is jammed (bypass), so pump is producing lots of pressure and it’s discharging to prevent damage. You can unbolt the pump bypass and clean / lube the piston. This was the issue with mine when I got it. Cheers

Comment

• Trixitrine
          Trixitrine commented
          Editing a comment
          The waste hose directly coming from the internal tank to prevent overflow. It comes from there and straight into the waste pit under the tray, and it’s not connected to anything else! Its so odd…

Click image for larger version

Name:	7971D630-30FF-40ED-B5F9-853CA41EBB91.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	897282

Click image for larger version

Name:	A07A0D05-0862-458E-B141-FFAD8384E394.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	361.9 KB
ID:	897283

Comment

Are you sure that is the tube it is coming from and not the one in the middle of the picture?
          Simple test, put some food dye in some water and use a large syringe to squirt it down the over flow hole in the tank.

The hose in the middle looks like it has water spots indicative of the spraying you are talking about.

Comment

• Trixitrine
            Trixitrine commented
            Editing a comment
            Omg I need to go crawl in a dark hole now. You are right. There’s a hole right next to the overflow hose but I couldn’t see it. Ok so it’s coming from that hose. That is at least more workable.

• amberale
            amberale commented
            Editing a comment
            Chill mate, you will get there.
            I am envious of the machine you will end up with.
            Just be careful with the electrics, it can kill ya real quick.

• Trixitrine
            Trixitrine commented
            Editing a comment
            Thankyou. I just feel stupid, again.
            Anyway. I looked more closely and I have found the exact hose that is gushing water, traced it back to the inlet tap. I’m now investigating the group head solenoid, it might not be opening up and causing water to get pushed out.
            And well Thankyou, I mean yet again I have gotten myself an obscure machine that has little resources lol it must be my thing. I’ve wanted to venture into volumetric machines for a while now. my daily machine currently is a La Pavoni Stradivari, a little bit of a different species entirely lol

Hard to see from your pic and I can’t recall the config. The hole at top of tank is the tank too full overflow which goes to the drip tray collection tub. From memory there are other hoses that join this hose along the way. One from the top cup tray drain, and the pump over pressure valve. They all end up at the drip tray tub. Trace the hoses back from the drip tray tub and have a look what else is teed in. Your machine looks very clean inside 👍 Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Trixitrine
            I need to go crawl in a dark hole now.
            Or just chalk it up to experience and keep on trucking As long as you're not doing anything dangerous or permanently damaging to the machine, who cares how many mistakes you make along the way?

Comment

Working...
            X