Aeropress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeropress?

Alright, I am at work and accidentally just swallowed a mouthful of sludge from cup bottom

I am after decent coffee at work and from reading the posting in this forum aeropress is the way to go from plunger for ground free coffee?

How does it compare with vac pots? Not that I can use vac pots at work. It is industrial site, so need hot work permit for everytime I fire up the butane burner ;D

Re: Aeropress?

Rudy,

Aeropress are good. I have used mine many times and given them as gifts as well. It would be a good solution to your problem.

Bodum do make an electric vac pot. No naked flames required. Works the same as an electric kettle. I have never used this machine myself but could be another option for you.

Billy B.

Comment

Aldi have an electric version of a stovetop at the moment with a glass bowl so you can see all the action. Looks quite good.

Comment

My wife switched from plunger to aeropress for work a few
        months ago, and is more than happy with the move. She
        thinks its great.

Comment

Looove my AeroPress.... 8-) ;D

Mal.

Comment

The aeropress is great. Fast, clean, simple, no fuss and you get a great cup of coffee out of it. And very affordable too.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Aeropress it is then, Ill PM Dennis tomorrow.

Cheers

Rudy

Comment

What is the best coffee for the aeropress? What are peoples favourites

Comment

I will most likely put the same beans I had in plunger and vac pot, which is all sort of beans roasted to all sorts of profile

Comment

Ive only put in single origin home roasts in the AeroPress to date... so it all tastes good so far.

Naturally, freshly roasted (and rested) beans and ground to order (on coarser side). Coffee beans from beanbay of course

Comment

Got my aeropress today. Very fast service from Dennis.

Impressive, very clean tasting, grit free coffee with minimum fuss.
                      Some similarity to what I get from vac pot.

What I found is, bad coffee in aeropress will taste worse than in plunger. All the bad, nasty taste get highlighted more than usual.

Anyone else found similar experience?

Comment

rudy> glad to hear you like the AeroPress. One has to ask though, what are you doing with bad coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by rudy link=1215044814/0#0 date=1215044814
                          Alright, I am at work and accidentally just swallowed a mouthful of sludge from cup bottom

I am after decent coffee at work and from reading the posting in this forum aeropress is the way to go from plunger for ground free coffee?

How does it compare with vac pots? Not that I can use vac pots at work. It is industrial site, so need hot work permit for everytime I fire up the butane burner ;D
                          I think that aeropress gets you a cup thats more like a long black, whereas pourover drip gets you a cup thats closer to vac pot. Which one you like better is entirely a question of personal taste. I definitely prefer pourover drip. A plastic pourover drip cone and a box of filter paper is one of the cheapest possible ways to brew coffee, so you dont have much to lose by trying it out. IMHO, vac pot is probably king of the non-espresso brewing methods, with drip and clover a very close second on flavour, but far ahead on convenience.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

I agree Luca - Aeropress seems so much like a long black. I now use my aeropress for small lots of cold process as the filters are great for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 30in30 link=1215044814/0#11 date=1215600420
                              rudy> glad to hear you like the AeroPress.  One has to ask though, what are you doing with bad coffee?  

Well, before I join this forum and hence roasting own beans, I got approximately 6 kg of supermarket stuff, pre-ground, whole beans, all bought by my better half from bargain bin. One even past the expiry dates by a couple months.

Now I have 15 kgs of prime green from BB, but I only get to drink this stuff on weekend sharing it with my wife.

She insist I drank up all that cr** at work so as not wasting anything.

If you see a 250 gr 100% premium colombian arabica, shiny brown check valve bag on sale from IGA for $1.99 each, avoid it like bubonic plaque. It is foul...taste much worse than international roast.

I drank this stuff by offering it to technicians at work, they seem to like it :

Comment

Working...
                              X